Dyna DS2-2

More
30 May 2009 19:17 #295148 by leorider
Dyna DS2-2 was created by leorider
I just installed the Dyna S system in my bike today. I can't believe how well the bike is running now. I had so many problems and have been trying to figure them out since last year when I bought this bike. I had to seal the gas tank with KBS coatings and clean and rebuild the carbs and still couldnt get the bike to run right with several different jet configurations. I ordered coils from z1 and the bike ran a little better. I put this Dyna S DS2-2 kit in and I just cant believe it. Every problem has cleared up. Sometimes my bike would run rich ...sometimes lean...it would backfire through the pods when I stopped at a light. It always had a slight hesitation when I took off from 1st gear and now all this is cleared up. Were my points and condensor maybe bad?? I adjusted the points last year and it didnt make a difference. Something was off but now its perfect.

78 KZ650B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2009 19:46 #295160 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic Dyna DS2-2
Now you can see how an ignition problem will have someone changing jets,needle positions,slides, and other carb problems.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
30 May 2009 22:52 - 30 May 2009 22:53 #295175 by bill_wilcox100
Replied by bill_wilcox100 on topic Dyna DS2-2
I really tried to keep my bike as stock as possible. But after installing and using the Dyna S electronic ignition with the compatible Dyna 3 Ohm high performance coils and the WG Coil Re-powering mod, it would be very hard to go back.

If you'd like to compare with how I did mine see here:
Link

Well done and Congrats! :)
Bill

1977 KZ650-B1 (Stock)
Upgrades:
- Dyna S Electronic Ignition (DS2-2)
- Dyna 3 Ohm Coils (DC1-1)
- Coil Repowering Mod
- Progressive Springs Front & Rear
- Saddlemen Seat Cover
- New Metallic Red Re-Paint & Repro Badges.
Montreal, Canada
Last edit: 30 May 2009 22:53 by bill_wilcox100.