can a stator coil...short...=no power???dumb?

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
04 May 2009 12:47 #287841 by trianglelaguna
can a stator coil...short...=no power???dumb? was created by trianglelaguna
hey guys....

after sticking another motor in my bike the other day/night i got it all back together and rolled it out to try and turn it over see if its gonna fire up and run..no lights no insrument panel ,nothing...so i checked all the wires that normaly lead to a power loss....not finding anything and called it night........the only different that i did was install an e-bay stator(blue connector)so i could leave my old motor complete....i have wednesday off and am gonna trace the electrical problem and try and run this motor i will probably find a wire unplugged that i missed finding that night or maybe clean the ground connection on the replacement motor....
still i have wonderd

.....could the stator i installed ,if it had a short in the windings,cause my whole elecs to not come on with the key/igniton...stupid question and i am gonna get out my manual and a tester and try and learn how to check the stator.....just wondering if a bad stator stops the electrical from being a full circuit.........thanks for any help ...i'm a veg on elec stuff....craig

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2009 13:29 #287863 by Patton
With a good battery, the engine should run just fine without even having a stator or regulator or rectifier, until the battery runs down.

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
04 May 2009 13:47 #287876 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic can a stator coil...short...=no power???dumb?
thanks i was thinking it would not stop the key from turning power 2 on.....helps to have someone confirm...thanks patton....craig

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife