KZ1000B2 left switchgear

More
01 Apr 2009 18:06 #277514 by NAFWAM
KZ1000B2 left switchgear was created by NAFWAM
I had to pull the switchgear wiring out of the bars to replace them but on the left side there was little to pull with and using force on 30 year old wiring caused a few of them to break off at the soldered joint.
I wonder if anyone has a spare switchgear for the left that they can take a look inside. I need to know where the Orange/Green, Green and Grey wires go so I can solder them back on. I am thinking the grey to the horn switch to make a pair with the black/grey and the remaining 2 to the circuit board in the bottom of the pod for the hazards. BUT which one goes forward on that board and which at the back. There are 3 contacts as you look in. The one furthest forward is dirty and doesnt look like anything has connected to it, so which way round do the Or/Gn and Gn go? can anyone help with that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2009 19:14 #277532 by gane
Replied by gane on topic KZ1000B2 left switchgear
N, the schematic in the service manual shows color codes and connections of individual switches within assy. below actual wiring diagaram. hope this helps. G

[img][/img] 1977 KZ1000A1

More
01 Apr 2009 20:06 #277552 by NAFWAM
Replied by NAFWAM on topic KZ1000B2 left switchgear
G - I did take a look at the schematic and it shows Or/Gn, Gn and slate at the hazard switch. Presume slate is the grey wire so thats all the loose ones. I assumed there was one to go to the horn as there is only a Blk/Wh on that and the front is marked horn/pass.
I think I still need to see a picture as I dont know which colour wire goes to which of the 3 pins on the hazard switch and could do with a reminder of how the retaining plates are fastened.
I did take a photo as it is now though It needs to be seen in a higher resolution than I can probably post on here. Wishing i had stopped to take one before i pulled on the wires to get them started !

More
02 Apr 2009 21:49 #277911 by gane
Replied by gane on topic KZ1000B2 left switchgear
N looking at my Kz1000 schematic. interupted power from hazard flasher enters hazard sw on or/green, and enters t/s wiring on slate and green wires at switch simotaiously when depressed. Bk/white is hot tru horn and button provides ground. luck G

[img][/img] 1977 KZ1000A1

More
03 Apr 2009 05:54 #277982 by NAFWAM
Thanks G I will give that a go.

• kano
  • User
  • Not Another Bloody Limey!
More
03 Apr 2009 06:00 #277984 by kano

More
04 Apr 2009 09:54 #278346 by NAFWAM
Yeah it does. thanks Kano Think Ive got the order right now so will get the soldering iron out and give it a go and post back to let you and G know if it proves successful. Cheers