Acewell Speedometer Questions

More
26 Jan 2009 09:04 #260279 by Oznative
Replied by Oznative on topic Acewell Speedometer Questions
You know its not unheard of that there could be a bug in the software to. Just use the trusty old handheld GPS unit. Mine is real accurate. I’ve seen this on more than one occasion. I will do the roll out when I get new sneakers on the bike and the weather warms up.

1977 KZ1000 A-1 Just north of Boston

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2009 14:00 #260324 by KawiConvert
Replied by KawiConvert on topic Acewell Speedometer Questions
On a side note, my tach is behaving very well. I put some dialectric grease in the connectors between the speedometer and the coil and now it doesn't jump or flutter. It stays very consistent so I'd reccomend doing that before putting the tank on if you haven't already.

1978 KZ650 D1 ~ Carb jetting: 107.5 & 20 & 4th groove with pods and 4-1 Exhaust

More
27 Jan 2009 03:53 - 27 Jan 2009 03:55 #260434 by Oznative
Replied by Oznative on topic Acewell Speedometer Questions
Thanks for the heads up. I've learned from past experience that a little dab of dielectric grease never hurt anyone. Great stuff!! I'll let you know how I make out when I get it all back together. I had to bend the mount on my gauge as well. That's my only complaint so far.

1977 KZ1000 A-1 Just north of Boston
Last edit: 27 Jan 2009 03:55 by Oznative.

More
27 Jan 2009 05:18 #260439 by The Fish
Replied by The Fish on topic Acewell Speedometer Questions
Just curious,,
How sensitive is the Acewell to interference from other electrical impulses? Specifically the speedo function.
I would like to put one on my 900 and run the wheel mounted sensor off my rear wheel (to clean up the front wheel area). The speedo wire would probably be run right by the coil area. Would that be too close for the speedo wire? If so, can it be sheilded to not be affected by the other impulses?
Fish

More
27 Jan 2009 06:07 #260446 by KawiConvert
Replied by KawiConvert on topic Acewell Speedometer Questions
The speedo seems pretty stable, but mine is driven using the Kawasaki cable so it may be different. I think even with the magnet and sensor you are counting pulses that would be stronger than anything you would pick up through inductance. Still, if you are really worried, you could pick up some shielded 2-wire and use that for the wiring harness portion. Curious though, with the front cable adapter it looks like a stock cable (I put mine inside the outer protective sleeve from the speedometer cable for this reason). It is long enough to go from the front axle up under the tank.

1978 KZ650 D1 ~ Carb jetting: 107.5 & 20 & 4th groove with pods and 4-1 Exhaust

More
28 Jan 2009 05:49 #260612 by The Fish
Replied by The Fish on topic Acewell Speedometer Questions
Thanks for the info!!
Fish