What stator will work?

More
25 Jan 2009 17:28 #260167 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic What stator will work?
Hey, likewise here. I always learn a lot on KZR! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2009 17:29 #260168 by steell
Replied by steell on topic What stator will work?
79 KZ650SR stator bolts perfectly into a 83 GPz750 housing, and the 79 650 rotor bolted on the 83 GZp750 crank, did it here.

If you look at the part numbers for the aftermarket stators you'll see that the same part number fits a bunch of different KZ models, and even a few Suzuki's. IIRC, ranging from a KZ440 to a KZ1300.
Have to splice on the plug off the old stator though, guess that probably explains the difference in part numbers.

KD9JUR

More
26 Jan 2009 06:15 #260246 by Snakebyte
Replied by Snakebyte on topic What stator will work?
Yeah after looking at a few and contacting some people on the diamensions and of course KZR. I got the feeling that the difference in stators is just the ability to plug and play.
The after market one that puts out 20% more then stock fit a whole bunch of years and sizes:) , of course you have to make your own connection:laugh:

Thanks steel, as allways you are very helpful. I still have the gpz bottom you sold me for $50 with the rotor still on the crank. Any ideas on how to get that off with out damaging it or the crank? I cant seem to find a 18mm bolt with I believe to have a 1.5 thread. BTW the side oil drain plug is the perfect, but the thead is made from aluminum and will strip.
I want to use that rotor with the stator I picked up.

More
26 Jan 2009 18:55 #260401 by steell
Replied by steell on topic What stator will work?
It's been awhile, but I believe we used the 650 rear axle to pop the rotor off the 83 GPz750 motor when we swapped on the 79 650 stator and rotor.

KD9JUR

More
27 Jan 2009 20:03 #260565 by Snakebyte
Hmm I tried that and the rear axle was too small. Someone allso said to use the front tripple bolt, that also was too small. I did happen to find out that the side oil plug was the same thread and size. But the darn thing is aluminum so I cant use it. I measured the threads and it come out to a 18mm 1.5 pitch :blink: That is one heck of an odd size. I tried the local parts stores, fastener places, machine shops, and a industrial supply place:( No luck. I even took the size of the plug that fits and they all confirmed it was 18mm 1.5..
So what do I do now??????

• Shoe48
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
More
27 Jan 2009 20:42 #260574 by Shoe48
Replied by Shoe48 on topic What stator will work?
You could buy the correct Rotor puller bolt ? I bet I have it in the tool box even ,,, Might look on Ebait ?

More
01 Feb 2009 07:23 #261432 by Snakebyte
Here is the stator cover. The one on the left is off a extra engine I have. The one on the right I got off ebay.
Attachments: