Left Turn Signal Stuck - Left arm getting tired

More
23 Aug 2008 20:24 #233653 by Belliott
Almost everytime (1/50 times it works fine) my left turn signal will stick and the light will turn on but not blink. And sometimes it will not turn on at all. Anyone have an idea on a cause/fix? I drive a 1980 KZ 750 Ltd Twin.:huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2008 02:06 #233698 by Samwell
Belliott wrote:

Almost everytime (1/50 times it works fine) my left turn signal will stick and the light will turn on but not blink. And sometimes it will not turn on at all. Anyone have an idea on a cause/fix? I drive a 1980 KZ 750 Ltd Twin.:huh:

I'm assuming that the right one works all of the time. As they share a flasher, this part should be working. When it sticks (i.e. shines steadily) are both the front and rear on or is just the dash indicator?

Most of these will not blink if one of the bulbs has died, or in your case is in the process of dying and has an intermittant short. Check your connections, especially the grounds inside the headlight bucket and in the rear signals. Reapir anything that looks suspect.

Let us know how it turns out...Sam

--
Current Rides: 2013 BMW R1200GSW, 1972 BMW R75/5
Current Project: 1978 KZ1000A2: Supercrank'd by Falicon, APE studs and nuts, Dyna Green coils, powder coated frame and fenders, Stainless brake lines, dual front discs, pods, Kerker Exhaust, 1075cc with JE pistons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.