yay! wires crossed on my blinkers, and battery not charging!

More
29 Jul 2008 18:47 #229018 by camostriker
ok guys, i got the bike running, but now, my battery dies after a quick ride around the block, my g-pop and i are thinking it is the alternator, the rec/regs are working properly. my blinkers are crossed in the front. when i hit the left blinker, the left back is blinking, but the front right is going to. just the opposite when i switch it to the right blinker.

any ideas? i wanna get on the road this weekend hopefully.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2008 19:36 #229032 by steell
What bike are you talking about??

Ok, tracked it down, 77 KZ650, right?

And you don't have a manual?

I believe the 77 650 has the same charging system as the 77 KZ750B, so go to the 1977 KZ750 Charging Issues thread in this forum and start reading, cz_699 and I have beat this subject to death.

KD9JUR

More
29 Jul 2008 19:57 #229040 by cz_699
Hope you have quicker luck than me in finding whats wrong, Been battling my problems for awhile before steell came in and offered experience and a clear "not frustrated from fighting it" mind... Best of luck and in case you didn't know on the turn signals just swap the wires going to the front ones that aren't black with a yellow stripe...

--Chad

More
29 Jul 2008 23:00 #229059 by steell

Best of luck and in case you didn't know on the turn signals just swap the wires going to the front ones that aren't black with a yellow stripe...

And they are probably inside the headlight shell.

KD9JUR