bigger battery

More
29 Jul 2008 16:16 #228984 by kz200noob
bigger battery was created by kz200noob
i need a new bat for my kz200 but the one it calls for has to be ordered. i was wondering if i could put in a bigger bat or would that blow the reg. or stator.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2008 17:22 #228998 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic bigger battery
Try www.yuasabatteries.com for what might fit your bike. A "bigger" for physical or electrical capacity is my question.

The charging systems on motorcycles are designed with a balance in mind. Sometime you can get away with a larger alternator/generator without damage(burned wiring, instrument lights failing,short life of headlight bulbs).

The battery box or where the battery will go limits what size you can replace it with. Battery technology has made advancements in cell size and amp output so if you can put a new battery of the same size as your old one it might have more capability to start the bike.

Are you having problems with starting? If so clean all electrical terminals (handle bar switches,electrical plugs, bullet connectors,battery terminals and where the ground cable connects to the engine/frame) install the proper heat range spark plug with the correct electrode gap. Valve clearance must be checked as this is usually the first thing not looked at and fingers are pointed at the coil(s) or carbs or bad fuel.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.