coils ?

• FireFighterRon
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
16 Jul 2008 18:50 #226609 by FireFighterRon
coils ? was created by FireFighterRon
can someone help me out? i have a 1983 KZ 1100 A3 shaft bike that i took apart. well i never tought on lableing the coils, now i have no idea what coil goes to what spark plug... i not good at wireing and stuff so if someone can tell me in bummy turms it will help alot.... thanks all

Instructions for riding a KZ1100 1) sit on bike, 2) start bike and idle till warm, 3) pull in clutch, put in gear, 4) release clutch and rip on the throttle, 5)VERY IMPORTANT!!HOLD THE F*** ON!!!, 6) Enjoy!! Side effects may include whiplash, wrinkle free skin and an evil smile resembling the"Joker"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2008 19:10 #226616 by steell
Replied by steell on topic coils ?
One coil goes to 1 & 4, the other coil goes to 2 & 3, if it backfires when you try to start it, then the coils are reversed.

KD9JUR

• FireFighterRon
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
16 Jul 2008 19:20 #226621 by FireFighterRon
Replied by FireFighterRon on topic coils ?
ok so i have 2 coils the left one on the drivers side and the second one on the passenger side...

the one on the driver side (left) s for 1&4
and the right one is for 2&3....

or is the right one for 1&4 and the left for 2&3............also does it matter on the coil how it has to plugs does it matte what one goes on 1-4 and 2-3

Instructions for riding a KZ1100 1) sit on bike, 2) start bike and idle till warm, 3) pull in clutch, put in gear, 4) release clutch and rip on the throttle, 5)VERY IMPORTANT!!HOLD THE F*** ON!!!, 6) Enjoy!! Side effects may include whiplash, wrinkle free skin and an evil smile resembling the"Joker"

More
16 Jul 2008 19:37 #226626 by steell
Replied by steell on topic coils ?
Replied to your PM with more detailed info, so I won't repeat it here.

One coil connects to two plugs, it doesn't matter which wire from the coil goes to which one of those two plugs.

KD9JUR