I cursed it

More
16 Jul 2008 09:32 #226499 by Locozuna
I cursed it was created by Locozuna
I had not used the 650 for a couple months but posted a pic of it in the 650 thread recently started. I decided to go for a ride on her and when I turned the key I laid down a smoke screen. I burned out a bunch of main harness. I don't know why the main let so much fry. The 20amp was toast but a hell of a lot of harness was fried by the time I got the juice off. Splitting the crispy harness I found some strange 3way taps. I believe one of those are the culprit. But I am rambling. I was going to piece in the burnt portions but decided to see if anyone has a harness they would part with. It's a 77 650B1. Sure would appreciate it but understand if you don't want to part with it. If you do, let me know how much you want.
Bet the Wookie is up/down there laughing his butt off. He always told me to clean all the electricals when we got another bike, he always did, but I didn't cause I hate electrical crap. I just had to clean the terminals on my 750 cause my mileage dropped dramatically and she started to backfire a lot. Bad connection. :angry:

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2008 14:39 #226560 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic I cursed it
well that sucks, I dont have a spare harness, but I can look at mine if you need any help chasing down some of the fried wires.

what I really want to know,, why we didnt get invited to the winnie roast,,lol

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

More
16 Jul 2008 17:38 #226590 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic I cursed it
Appreciate the offer BSKZ! I was a lineman for 25+ years. Thats why I hate 'lectricals! ;) I guess I will piece it up. I have an old 900 harness that is already butchered. I'll get most pieces from that. I got the schematic, just would be easier with a whole harness. Worth a try anyway. It's not like I'm lacking for bikes to ride anyway It's just that it was my brothers bike and I don't want him haunting me. I think he just flicked my ear!!!:ohmy: :ohmy: :unsure:
Thanks for the offer!

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"