Front signal circuit Help Please

• Qdude
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • It is all good.
More
13 Jul 2008 20:40 - 13 Jul 2008 20:46 #226004 by Qdude
Front signal circuit Help Please was created by Qdude
I want to have my front signal lights on all of the time to act as marker lights, AND to also act as turn signals as well by flashing on and off when needed. That way, one single bulb could serve as both marker and signal.

I want to create a circuit that will take the turn signal's regular 12 volt intermittent pulse (that usually serves to operate the light bulb) to activate a switch instead (when it recieves power, it opens the switch thusly turning off the lamp, then closes again when the power ceases, allowing the lamp to shine as a marker light again).

I could run ignition switched constant power to the front lamps through these logic circuits which are connected to the bike's turn signals which in turn will control the actual turn signals.

I need a switch circuit that will switch off while it recieves power.

Seems like it would not be too tough to do. Does anyone know what I would need to accomplish this?

P.S.

I wired up red LED marker/brake lights and inserted one in each of my rear turn signals. Now I have constant red marker lights that flash brighter while braking (three brake lights now) that can still flashe amber for the turn signal. Success!!

Now for the front.

Thanks all.

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you
Last edit: 13 Jul 2008 20:46 by Qdude.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2008 23:43 - 13 Jul 2008 23:45 #226023 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Front signal circuit Help Please
I did same as you did on the back: put in the front turn signal assemblies with dual filaments and added red lenses so I could have turn signal/brake lights on both rear turn signals.

The circuit you will need will not be trivial... it would be similar to what I designed to allow the rear turns to function as turn signals and also as brake lights. I believe I posted the circuit here a few months back.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 13 Jul 2008 23:45 by bountyhunter.

More
13 Jul 2008 23:50 #226024 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Front signal circuit Help Please
Qdude wrote:

I want to create a circuit that will take the turn signal's regular 12 volt intermittent pulse (that usually serves to operate the light bulb) to activate a switch instead (when it recieves power, it opens the switch thusly turning off the lamp, then closes again when the power ceases, allowing the lamp to shine as a marker light again).

You can do that easily with a couple of relays wired so the +12V to activate the lights as markers goes through the NC (normally closed) contacts. The 12V from the turn signal line would activate the relay coil and move the relay so the NC contacts would open causing the light to flash. The only thing is, your front turn signals will flash out of phase with the rears, but that won't matter.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

• Qdude
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • It is all good.
More
14 Jul 2008 07:00 #226041 by Qdude
Replied by Qdude on topic Front signal circuit Help Please
Perfect!

Did a google search and found this page;

www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp

It explains relays well enough for even guys like me to understand.

Thanks for the tip and I'll post progress.

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter

• Qdude
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • It is all good.
More
15 Jul 2008 08:27 #226279 by Qdude
Replied by Qdude on topic Front signal circuit Help Please
Worked! Thanks!

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.