Turn signal indicators on instrument cluster flash opposite ! ? !

More
24 Jun 2008 09:39 #221870 by Max
Hi All,
Is there an easy fix to my '80 KZ750 E1's turn signal indicators on the instrument cluster that indicate the opposite way the actual signals are flashing? When I push the lever to indicate a right turn the right flashers indicate correctly but the istrumnet cluster indicators show a left turn and vis versa.Any ideas?

Thanks,
Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2008 10:49 #221882 by Oznative
Someone must have swapped the bulb sockets around in the console. Just open the console and swap the socket and bulb around.:)

1977 KZ1000 A-1 Just north of Boston

More
24 Jun 2008 11:19 #221885 by Max
Is the "console" the handlebar housing or is it in the instument cluster? Thanks, Josh

More
24 Jun 2008 14:08 #221919 by wiredgeorge
The console he refers to is likely the one where the idiot lights are located. There is a small wiring harness going to the stuff in your... let's call it your dash board... he thinks the bulb holders were removed and reversed. I am not sure if that is possible or not as I am not all that familiar with your bike but you could take the bulb holders out, if they can be removed and swap them (in the dash board).

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
25 Jun 2008 03:37 #222009 by HerrDeacon
The same thing is happening to mine now. I had mine all apart this winter and I think I must have swapped the bulbs by mistake when I put it together. :( I'm going to leave mine for the time being and probably fix this coming winter.