Cant download fron KZ Rider Filebase !!

• Qdude
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • It is all good.
More
16 Mar 2008 12:32 - 16 Mar 2008 12:34 #200387 by Qdude
I was trying to get into the wiring diagram for the KZ 650 C1 on the filebase here on the site. I have used it many times in the past. Maybe with the new site mods, there is a glitch with the filebases, but I cannot get to the document.

I am installing a Dyna-S ignition to replace one that I smashed. The smashed one is a little different in that it has 4 wires coming out of it with a plug that mates up to the one on my bike. The new one has only three wires, power, coil and coil.

Any ideas as to what the fourth wire is on the old aftermarket pointsless ignition? It seemed to match up to a factory plug existing on the bike already that has four wires, so I thought I would check out the wiring diagram on the site to identify them, but as I have already stated, I cant get to the document.

I will go out and see if I can trace them back to their sources in the meantime.

Cheers all.

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you
Last edit: 16 Mar 2008 12:34 by Qdude.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Qdude
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • It is all good.
More
17 Mar 2008 01:31 #200514 by Qdude
Replied by Qdude on topic Cant download fron KZ Rider Filebase !!
Alright dangit,

Found the manual and the schematic. Four wires still did not compute. :(

Checked wires with an ohm-meter and was getting crazy numbers all over the place. Whuduhell? :angry:

Started removing wire ties and black tape and dirt and Voila, :blush: there was an extra box there that had switch power, ground, and the coil wires planted to it. Seems it wasnt a Dyna-S but a 'remtek' whudever ignition that had two seperate parts to it.

Profanity later, pulled it out and got the coils sparking correctly. All is well now. :laugh:

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.