Pulse generator pickup question

• ran429
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
More
22 Jan 2008 20:25 #190577 by ran429
Pulse generator pickup question was created by ran429
So, i have a few of these now. two of them have shorts in the wires. is it possible to remove the wires and put new wires into the plastic housings on the pickups?

It looks like if i pushed the metal flange in the hole with a pick or something it would loosen the wire so i could put a new one on it replacing the damaged ones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2008 06:27 #190628 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic Pulse generator pickup question
Is there any good wire coming off the pick up? If there is, you can just cut off the bad part/s and solder on a new wire.
If the wire is bad going into the pick up, then someone else will need to give you an answer.
I don't think the pick ups are meant to open up, but I could be wrong.

Post edited by: rstnick, at: 2008/01/23 09:33

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

More
23 Jan 2008 11:44 #190666 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Pulse generator pickup question
I don't know about taking the individual pickup apart, but you should be able to swap them from plate to plate if you have at least two. I think you can use two of the same ones (ones with the same color wires). The wires may have to be lengthened and routed over the top of the pickup plate instead routed to the bottom, but as long as you get the polarity correct, it should work.

Here's a link to a thread describing how the magnets get placed, in case you take it all apart.:
kzrider.com/component/option,com_joomlab...w/id,134605/catid,4/