Low fuel light always on.

More
02 Dec 2007 00:46 #183464 by Little B
Low fuel light always on. was created by Little B
Here's what the manual says about the problem in the supplement portion for my bike:

"(3) Fuel level is not low but the warning light stays on continuously.

*Remove the right side cover, and disconnect the 3 pin connector to the self-checker.

*Now turn on the ignition switch. If the light still comes on, the sensor is bad. If the light stays off now, the self checker is bad and must be replaced."

The problem is that I don't see a separate self checker unit anywhere to test as directed above. I'm starting to wonder if I might not have a stock wiring harness.

Does anyone know if the self checker is built into the turn signal canceling unit?

Update: After doing some research with the parts diagrams I found something odd. It shows that the H2 has the fuel level sensor on it. However, under the chassis electrical equipment diagram, it shows that the H2 doesn't have the Fuel Check Switch. Anyone know why that would be? There is a connector that plugs into the main wiring harness from the Fuel Level Switch though. :S

Post edited by: Little B, at: 2007/12/02 04:15

1981 KZ750-H2 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2007 03:58 #183474 by Little B
Replied by Little B on topic Low fuel light always on.
It turns out that the fuel level sensor is wired into the Brake Light Failure Indicator Switch on my model.

Only the E2 & L1 81s actually have the self checker unit. :( So my new question: Is the light supposed to come on when the brake light is burned out AND/OR the fuel is low or only when the the brake light is burned out?

1981 KZ750-H2 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.