Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Non-RFI wires with Dyna-s? 14 Oct 2005 14:05 #1747

• mgweiss
  • mgweiss's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Is anyone running non-suppression copper core spark plug wires with thier Dyna-s ignition? Is this even a good idea? I know these will interfere with some types of electronic ignitions. I just received some Accel 8.8 wires that I ordered and they are have the copper core instead of the carbon RFI suppression core. Wondering if I need to return them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Non-RFI wires with Dyna-s? 14 Oct 2005 14:15 #1752

• patmann
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Man that's a good guestion!! I just put my Dyna-S in last night ( still got the red wire to hook up )
And maybe I'll wait for your answer... I never would have thought of that!!:dry:
Pat
1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

Non-RFI wires with Dyna-s? 14 Oct 2005 16:28 #1783

• mgweiss
  • mgweiss's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok, so after doing a little research I’m starting to think that this isn’t an issue. I emailed a question to Dynatek support, but hard to say how long it will take them to answer. Anyway, I checked all the documentation about the Dyna-S ignition on their website and no where does it say you need to use RFI suppression wires with it. They do say that suppression wires are required for the Dyna-2000 because it uses electronic advance which can malfunction from all the RF noise caused by copper wires. The S ignition is just a magnetic pickup that uses the original mechanical advance, so it doesn’t have any “sensitve� electronics. I’m assuming that since the Dyna-S is a direct replacement for points on older bikes with old style wires that this won't be a problem. I guess I’ll find out since I’m planning to install the new wires tonight.

Non-RFI wires with Dyna-s? 14 Oct 2005 19:45 #1830

• Sleepy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Not a problem using copper core wires with the dyna-s.

Unless you are using any electronics on the bike - the copper core wires will interfer with radios & intercoms - so if you have (or plan on having) one of those, you will need the suppression wires or suppression plug caps on the copper wires.
kz650 gs750 cb750

• Page: