35 degree igniter on gpz750?

More
20 Aug 2007 07:12 #165094 by 810gpz750
35 degree igniter on gpz750? was created by 810gpz750
ok i will do my best here. i just did a search on this because i swear a read a post on this, but i could not find it. heres the situation i just did a carb rebuild bs34's and went to a v&h 4-1. i am also running pods and i have the dynajet stage 3 kit. anyway carbs are the one thing i avoid like the plauge, i choose to have my mech. do carb work its worth the $250 to me. so anyway im not sure about pilots and mains. i know this is sounding like a carb question but its not so please dont move it there. we did the "hot plug" test all is right. my mid range is awesome now but my top end is well its retarded it just sucks now. i read a post that a late 80's zx10 igniter is a direct plug in and i would go from 40degrees to 35 is this correct? if so that would give me better big end right? like i said i could stand to lose a little mid range. if i am correct it also has a rev limiter set at 10,700. basically would this solve my prob? please pretty please with cherries on top someone help i dont know what to do here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2007 12:06 #165178 by steell
Replied by steell on topic 35 degree igniter on gpz750?
The only way it will solve your problem is if your current igniter is bad. Maybe you should try raising the needle (lowering the clip) on the carbs.

For details on the different igniters check the GPz FAQ in the links section on the lower right side of this page under "Site Functions".

Post edited by: steell, at: 2007/08/20 15:07

KD9JUR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.