Brake light staying on

More
06 May 2007 07:01 #137517 by 78KZMAN
Brake light staying on was created by 78KZMAN
Hello all,

I have a 78 KZ1000 that I bought new with only 14,000 miles. Last week I had some new tires put on as well as some front brake work. All they really did to the front was change the brake fluid. Anyway, after I picked the bike up, two things were wrong. The speedometer cable broke (it's old so it could have just been its time)and my brake indicator light remains on at all times. Is there something that could have been done to cause this when the service was done?

Thanks,

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2007 07:19 #137520 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Brake light staying on
78KZMAN wrote:

... brake indicator light remains on at all times....

Just a thought --
Believe that may be a brake light failure indicator light. Which might possibly result from one or both wires not being properly connected to the front brake pressure switch. :)

Edit: Would also check rear light bulb to assure tail light is illuminated when headlight is turned on, and that rear brake light is illuminated upon application of either front brake lever or rear brake pedal.

Check tail light bulb to assure both filaments are intact (i.e., neither filament is burnt out).

Post edited by: Patton, at: 2007/05/06 10:30

Post edited by: Patton, at: 2007/05/06 12:44

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

More
06 May 2007 08:20 #137529 by 78KZMAN
Replied by 78KZMAN on topic Brake light staying on
I think I may have solved the problem. Down by the rear brake pedal is some kind of a switch that activates the brake light. I messed around with that and found it to be somewhat loose. After playing with it for awhile, the brake light & indicator went off. I guess I was assuming it had something to do with the work that had been done.

Thanks for your help!

Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1