81 Kz550 wiring harness doesnt fit on a 82 Kz550a3..

• violentvintagecycles
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
01 May 2007 11:57 #136116 by violentvintagecycles
81 Kz550 wiring harness doesnt fit on a 82 Kz550a3.. was created by violentvintagecycles
Hello all again. After a day of staring at this thing trying to find connectors that fit into other connectors, i tried something different. By the way, I have an 82 KZ550 A3 that needed a harness, and i got one from ebay for an 81 unknown kz model.
So that something different i tried was pulled up the diagrams for the 81 models and did a side by side.
The good news is: Does anyone need an 81 harness for an 81KZ550A2 or C2? :S
The bad news: Does anyone have a harness for an 82 KZ550a3 WITHOUT the self canceling turn signals, distance sensor, etc??
I would love it if someone had one they wanted to swap? Or someone have one for sale? I hate ebay, please dont make me go there.. :unsure:

The differences Ive noticed so far;
A3 has a 6 pin ignition connector, 81's have 5.
Left control has a 9 pin connector, the 81's have 2 different styles, a 6 pin for the A2 and 2 seperate connectors for the C2.
The A3 does NOT have self canceling turn signals, so does not have a distance sensor, a turn signal control unit.
A3 doesnt have a gas gauge.

theres more, diffrent color wires, etc, but im dizzy and have a headache now. Im gonna go fishing. I could butcher this harness up and make one that works, but thats not how i want this done. I would like the right harness.. Help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.