82 KZ550A3 wiring harness- Routing? GPZ550

• violentvintagecycles
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
30 Apr 2007 13:38 #135701 by violentvintagecycles
82 KZ550A3 wiring harness- Routing? GPZ550 was created by violentvintagecycles
hello all. Trying to find out how the harness is routed, hoping someone has a routing diagram, or some pictures that could help me out? Does it go in thru the forks on the left or right side of the bike? Does it stay the length of the bike same side or does it snake to the other side somewhere in between? Also, the previous owner tried to use a harness from a gpz550 and everything is screwed up, same color wires all over the place, diffrent wires spliced into connectors, urrrgghhh.. But, i believe I have a sub harness for a gpz550 that im not gonna need, so if anybody needs one, ill try to see if it matches up for ya. Also, the wires coming out of the alternator are 3ylw, then lght green and the other blue/red. This feeds into a connector thats been spliced and the connector has 3ylw, blk,brwn. The connectors right, same as my diagram shows, so im thinking from the connector back to the alternator is also from a gpz. Anyone have the right sub harness laying around you looking to get rid of? This ones in pretty bad shape, spliced into spliced and brittle hard wires. Any help would be appreciated, thanks! More questions to follow.. lol
Any clear up close pics of the bike with the tank and seat off will do me greatly, if possible! Headlight bucket too?

Post edited by: violentvintagecycles, at: 2007/05/01 12:04

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.