Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

will these bolt on without mod 19 Feb 2007 20:20 #113740

• old650
  • old650's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Im wondering if these will bolt up to a 77 650. Also till debating whether to pony for the full meal Dyna deal or not. I have plenty of coils laying around, but they are long in the tooth and could crap out at any time.

www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=2857

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

will these bolt on without mod 19 Feb 2007 20:47 #113753

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
For that price,I wouldn't pass it up.Especially if You're still running the original coils.:huh:
And if they're NOT a direct bolt on...they can always be fitted with a home-made bracket,OR...what I had to do when I bought the Dyna 2000 and coils...modify the existing brackets.Easy to do. B)
1977 KZ1000 A-1

will these bolt on without mod 19 Feb 2007 20:48 #113754

• bill_wilcox100
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
I got my Black Dyna coils at the end of last summer... big mistake! I should have bought them in the spring and spent my summer riding and not troubleshooting. I got the high voltage wire at the same time but used my old spark plug caps and plugs. Got new point though.

I got mine from Z1... nice guys, solid advise, quick delivery (considering they had to go through Customs Canada).

You can spend a lot more and get a lot less results, dollar for dollar.

Best of success!
1977 KZ650-B1 (Stock)
Upgrades:
- Dyna S Electronic Ignition (DS2-2)
- Dyna 3 Ohm Coils (DC1-1)
- Coil Repowering Mod
- Progressive Springs Front & Rear
- Saddlemen Seat Cover
- New Metallic Red Re-Paint & Repro Badges.
Montreal, Canada

will these bolt on without mod 20 Feb 2007 06:32 #113816

• Bluemeanie
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
The mounting brackets look exactly like a 650's, they give a 90mm hole to hole spec. Measure yours and if right, go for it. Wait a minute, they are 4ohm coils? I have 3ohms on mine, don't 650's call for 3ohms. Might be too much resistance? As far as Dyna goes, I could not afford complete system but did get $120 Dyna S and can tell you that bike starts and runs a bazzilion percent better! My wife rolls here eyes every time I tell her how easy it starts! I was lucky with finding $56 Andrews coils with Accel wires on ebay! B)
1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!
Attachments:

will these bolt on without mod 21 Feb 2007 02:15 #114054

• old650
  • User
Sandy wrote:

For that price,I wouldn't pass it up.Especially if You're still running the original coils.:huh:
And if they're NOT a direct bolt on...they can always be fitted with a home-made bracket,OR...what I had to do when I bought the Dyna 2000 and coils...modify the existing brackets.Easy to do. B)

Id prefer a quick bolt on as I have to toss in a clutch pack and reshim etc. Just hoping to save some time and hassle. But...will do what has to be done.

will these bolt on without mod 21 Feb 2007 02:20 #114055

• old650
  • User
bill_wilcox100 wrote:

I got my Black Dyna coils at the end of last summer... big mistake! I should have bought them in the spring and spent my summer riding and not troubleshooting. I got the high voltage wire at the same time but used my old spark plug caps and plugs. Got new point though.

I got mine from Z1... nice guys, solid advise, quick delivery (considering they had to go through Customs Canada).

You can spend a lot more and get a lot less results, dollar for dollar.

Best of success!

Ya Ive ordered a bunch of stuff off Z1 before to central Canada. I have always been satisfied with the product and service. I have a wad tucked away and Im probably just going to get the full Dyna set up. Although those Emgo coils look tempting.............hmmmmmm.

will these bolt on without mod 21 Feb 2007 02:22 #114056

• old650
  • User
Bluemeanie wrote:

The mounting brackets look exactly like a 650's, they give a 90mm hole to hole spec. Measure yours and if right, go for it. Wait a minute, they are 4ohm coils? I have 3ohms on mine, don't 650's call for 3ohms. Might be too much resistance? As far as Dyna goes, I could not afford complete system but did get $120 Dyna S and can tell you that bike starts and runs a bazzilion percent better! My wife rolls here eyes every time I tell her how easy it starts! I was lucky with finding $56 Andrews coils with Accel wires on ebay! B)

Cool. Good looking setup there also buddy!

will these bolt on without mod 21 Feb 2007 11:08 #114176

• old650
  • User
I just got off the phone with Z1 Ent. Yes, these coils are a direct bolt on. So...this is a cheap new coil alernative, if I go this route.

will these bolt on without mod 21 Feb 2007 11:59 #114186

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 237
They even have the right type wire with the right push on connectors to plug right in the stock wiring? I'll have to see that to believe it. "Direct bolt on" means you have to solder your old wiring to lugs on the new coil or splice your wiring to the new coils wiring at the least, so don't expect a 10 minute install. I could be wrong, but Emgo "made in China" is not going to be 100 percent perfect bolt on, I'd bet.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

will these bolt on without mod 21 Feb 2007 12:23 #114190

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
Geez Ron, Don't be so negative all the time. MOST of us can't have that 160,000 mile still looks like new, every part original 650. :pinch:
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

will these bolt on without mod 21 Feb 2007 12:35 #114195

• 77KZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
Ron doesnt like anything that isnt OEM and that fine, Im totally opposite, stock sucks:P , bring on the aftermarket upgrades...they are called upgrades for a reason, either better looking or working than stock. Im not opposed to good working OEM stuff though, I have lots of OEM stuff on my KZ, they are just OEM for various ZX's:P B)
07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

will these bolt on without mod 21 Feb 2007 14:11 #114222

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 237
Don't mean to always be negative, but I'm afraid aftermarket parts just plain stink most the time. I didn't get this great attitude I have without many years of wonderful practice using the stuff and not just on Kawasaki either, here at work where I'm an electronic tech, I just cringe everytime I can't buy factory parts because I know many hours are going to be wasted making these "exact replacements" work.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

• Page: