• Page:

TOPIC:

Headlight Replacement Options? 01 Dec 2005 17:12 #11326

• vdrumman
  • vdrumman's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some options and/or opinions on headlights and front turn signal replacements.

I'm looking at replacing my huge Vetter fairing with something a little sleeker. Unfortunately I can't just go back to the stock front lights because the parts are long gone. I'm looking at the following options:

1) Buy stock headlight / turn signal parts on ebay or whereever

2) Buy a Raptor II fairing www.flyncycle.com/acatalog/Headlights.html. Pretty cool looking, but would require some customization probably to get it installed correctly.

3) Other ideas??? I'd still kinda like to have at least a small fairing to block some wind, but the Windjammer is just way too much especially in the summer. I need to be budget-conscious too, because this is the year I finally get some new tires too. :P

Any opinions are welcome! Thanks guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Headlight Replacement Options? 02 Dec 2005 11:06 #11452

• Spock
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I think that you are on target with replacing the Vetter. I have one on my KZ-1000 and have the same concerns (Too Big, Too Heavy, Too Hot to ride in Warm Weather). I also do not like the inability to mount short handle bars.

However, For cold weather, the Vetter is great.

I just cracked the mounting bracket that supports my Vetter. Let me know if you want to sell the bracket that you have.

After you make the conversion to a lighter / smaller faring, let us know how it affect handling.

Spock

Headlight Replacement Options? 02 Dec 2005 14:45 #11471

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Every bike I have seen with a Vetter fairing still had the headlight stuff still in place, it just had the bulb removed. I have not seen one that had the headlight bucket/etc removed, and don't understand why it would be removed.

Do you at least have the mounting ears?

Post edited by: steell, at: 2005/12/02 17:46
KD9JUR

Headlight Replacement Options? 02 Dec 2005 16:58 #11478

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35
if you just want the light, emgo makes a 7" round that's not too bad. I'd just scout around on next visit to the motorbike vivisectionest.
-Duck

Headlight Replacement Options? 02 Dec 2005 17:06 #11480

• vdrumman
  • vdrumman's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
All I have left are the mounting ears -- I have no clue what happened to the other stuff. This is how the bike came to me. I'm not even sure what parts are required actually. :P

I saw another Post from wiredgeorge recently about a Memphis Shades fairing he got from Dennis Kirk. This one along with the stock headlight assy is inching higher on my list of possibilities.

• Page: