Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

BATTERIES 06 Feb 2007 18:17 #110689

• arobsum
  • User
  • Thank you received: 10
Patton wrote:

Sealed, maintenance free, battery. No filler caps, no vent tube, no hassles. Will never have anything else. Costs $20 more and worth it the first time you don't have to goof around removing the battery to check and service cell levels.

no kidding. i put a new battery in my 900 and had acid leak from the drain tube on my brake pedal. stained the chrome. it looks terrible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BATTERIES 06 Feb 2007 19:38 #110717

• JimatMilkyWay
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
arobsum wrote:

Patton wrote:

Sealed, maintenance free, battery. No filler caps, no vent tube, no hassles. Will never have anything else. Costs $20 more and worth it the first time you don't have to goof around removing the battery to check and service cell levels.

no kidding. i put a new battery in my 900 and had acid leak from the drain tube on my brake pedal. stained the chrome. it looks terrible.

Do youse guys put any importance on the type of maintenance free batt? AGM technology currently seems to be sort of hot, according to the sales pitches on the www. Are they made to standard group sizes?
I have not checked with DR. Google yet; she knows everything, however and can probably give us the straight poop on them, including cost.
Here is a starting point: www.dcbattery.com/agmtech.html

Post edited by: JimatMilkyWay, at: 2007/02/06 22:41

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: