Harley controls, Break line and throttle cable

More
24 Dec 2006 02:38 #101489 by customkzft
Ok so I bought a set of harley handlebar controls, I was wondering if anyone else has done this and how hard is it to hok up the throttle cable and the stock master cylinder break line? The electrical part is easy just the break line, throttle, and clutch cables are scaring me. Any help is appreciated thanx
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2006 06:03 #101501 by Nevco48
Man, you really are turning that Police bike into a Harley aren't you? For the real authentic Harley effect, drill a very small hole in the bottom of the engine case. You will get that H-D puddle of oil every place you park.:side:

( No help on the handlebar controls, sorry)

More
24 Dec 2006 12:40 #101566 by customkzft
Replied by customkzft on topic Harley controls, Break line and throttle cable
Nevco48 wrote:

Man, you really are turning that Police bike into a Harley aren't you? For the real authentic Harley effect, drill a very small hole in the bottom of the engine case. You will get that H-D puddle of oil every place you park.:side:

( No help on the handlebar controls, sorry)

Lol! Yeah thats the best part about not having a harley!
I Just wanted some better controls, chrome is nice!

More
24 Dec 2006 13:28 #101574 by CruisingRam
Replied by CruisingRam on topic Harley controls, Break line and throttle cable
customkzft wrote:

Ok so I bought a set of harley handlebar controls, I was wondering if anyone else has done this and how hard is it to hok up the throttle cable and the stock master cylinder break line? The electrical part is easy just the break line, throttle, and clutch cables are scaring me. Any help is appreciated thanx

Well, if those are for 1" bars and you have 7/8ths bars on your bike- it will be a very hard to fab piece indeed!

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

More
24 Dec 2006 14:28 #101579 by customkzft
I have one inch bars i'm going to use, anyhting is posible and i'm sure i'll figure it ot, I just wanted to see if anyone has done this yet, I'm mainly concerned about the clutch cable and break line. ;) :dry:

• Shoe48
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
More
24 Dec 2006 14:38 #101582 by Shoe48
My Only question is why would you want the turn signals on each handle bar ? :unsure:

More
24 Dec 2006 15:18 #101592 by customkzft
That does not bug me at all, actually i kinda like it. :P

More
27 Dec 2006 11:16 #102008 by DanVVArider
Replied by DanVVArider on topic Harley controls, Break line and throttle cable
You're doing ther same thing as me, particularly the turnsignals on each side.

Your two biggest problems are mounting the 1 inch bars and the cables and lines (except for the electrical). They have different ends, and can be specially-made by different guys on various chopper sites.

The bars themselves will be relatively easy--just replace the risers for the 3/4 inchers with risers for the 1 inchers. These are available almost everywhere.

"CHOP 'TIL YA DROP!"