Can't tell if I'm running too rich or too lean

More
24 Feb 2023 16:36 - 24 Feb 2023 16:46 #880721 by Wookie58
Replied by Wookie58 on topic Can't tell if I'm running too rich or too lean
The flame out would appear to be as you close the throttle which is when you get maximum vacum
  1. do you have a vacum petcock - if so switch to the prime position and clamp off the vacum hose
  2. Is there gas in the air box
  3. Do you have Emission air bleeds to the exhaust through the cam cover - if so is it drawing gas into the exhaust from the airbox
Just a couple of things worth checking as you appear to be getting raw gas in the exhaust, if this flame out was coming from the combustion chambers I would expect more "popping and banging" than there appears to be
PS: you might want to ease up on the flameouts in the garage if the airbox is full of gas 
Last edit: 24 Feb 2023 16:46 by Wookie58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2023 18:42 #880722 by Walnut
There's some gas in the airbox, which means my carbs are still overflowing somehow. The rest of that is a negative though. I have the vacuum petcock currently plugged and the associated port on the carb plugged as well. I have it in prime mode pretty much always now.

1982 Kz750 - flamethrower model
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

More
24 Feb 2023 18:43 #880723 by Walnut

Are you sure the engine is running on all four cylinders?  You might want to start up the bike from cold, then check the header pipe temperature to see if there are any dead cylinders.
having only checked with my hands, every cylinder is hot, I have also confirmed spark on all four.

1982 Kz750 - flamethrower model