New Set of Carb Boots Failed in 8 Months

More
27 Jun 2019 04:44 #806545 by TexasKZ
Replied by TexasKZ on topic New Set of Carb Boots Failed in 8 Months

gavroyer wrote: Whelp, don't buy from Z1 then. They sent me junk knock-offs apparently.

Have you contacted Z1 and explained the problem? Seems to me that they should be given a chance before tossing them under the bus, especially since they have a long-standing good reputation.

1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2019 08:02 #806556 by Rick H.
Replied by Rick H. on topic New Set of Carb Boots Failed in 8 Months
So are there any dead giveaways as far as fraudulent carb manifolds? I just bought a set for my KZ-1000 and all were listed as OEM. The molded letters on the outboard flange are clear and distinct and the rubber feels pretty substantial. Prices are all over the place on these things, but I bought what I believed to be OEM items.

Rick H.

Rick H.

1977 Kawasaki KZ-1000A1

More
27 Jun 2019 15:12 #806584 by gavroyer
Replied by gavroyer on topic New Set of Carb Boots Failed in 8 Months

TexasKZ wrote:

gavroyer wrote: Whelp, don't buy from Z1 then. They sent me junk knock-offs apparently.

Have you contacted Z1 and explained the problem? Seems to me that they should be given a chance before tossing them under the bus, especially since they have a long-standing good reputation.

I should have probably clarified that this was more a post expressing frustration in getting seemingly genuine parts from a legitimate seller and that apparently not being good enough. I don't actually thing Z1 sent me bad boots; I'm almost positive I broke these. It's just that then a bunch of people went off saying I bought cheap knock-offs, when I don't really have any evidence to support that.

1980 KZ440-A1 LTD

More
27 Jun 2019 17:13 #806588 by daveo
Replied by daveo on topic New Set of Carb Boots Failed in 8 Months
Can't be too careful these days. Sometimes the only one available to fix some of these things anymore is yourself.

:)

1982 KZ1100-A2