Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1976 KZ750B1 with BS38's ran well, now wont start yet will hold a high rev.

1976 KZ750B1 with BS38's ran well, now wont start yet will hold a high rev. 15 May 2019 16:03 #803934

• Charles 750B
  • Charles 750B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
First, I'm new here. Second, I have read tons of KZrider posts for two years now regarding many different aspects of my bike. I am out of ideas (I restored a 280zx from 16 years of sitting and it was easier than getting this bike running). I will try to describe exactly what I know and I am trying to be as respectful as I possibly can, keeping in mind not to be vague! I know this is the carb field but I'll list the other running stuff for helpful info.

1976 KZ750B1 BS38 Carbs
Gas tank lined with Kreem (as far as it looks, no goo is coming out petcock)
Oiled air filter, new carb holders (fixed vacuum leak)
Strong purple/white spark
good compression ~150psi each side
engine is timed correctly (I drove it 200 mileslast week on highways and backroads) and timed cams to fsm.
MAC exhaust two into one.
Cleaned advancer from 79' 750B and when bike ran a week ago, checked timing and went exactly to 30degree tick marks at 4000rpm

Now for carbs.

About a year ago I bought rebuilt/cleaned BS38 carbs for KZ750 twin.
40 pilot, 125 main, 4-hl12 jet needle
I can not think of anything else to say
I went through carbs cleaning jets and making sure no obstructions exist in all air passeges today, May 15th.
Can gas get to pilot screw but not to carb bore? I ask because the pilot screw was wet with gas when I pulled it after a couple of kicks with petcock open, but no start.

I love my bike so I only appreciate normal people who want to help, not trolls which through my 280zx and 750b, I have seen too many times in the forums...
Im 20 years old so I dont need any sass...

I just know its a great way to travel.

Please help if you can! I will try to post pics if asked for them (what exactly do I need to get pics of in that case?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: