CARB separation

More
15 Aug 2018 13:31 #788916 by kevski
Replied by kevski on topic CARB separation

Warren3200gt wrote: early T pieces had 4 o rings on them which can be replaced with new. Later T pieces didn't, they had bulges moulded into the plastic and relied on tight fit to prevent leak.
If you have the early type they may swell once immersed in fuel but may not depending if they have dried and cracked. If you have the later type, short term fix can be PTFE tape, but only whilst your awaiting delivery of a new one. you can get a new one here but check fit motocomp-online.com/t-pieces/1924-t-piece-kawasaki-suzuki.html

Hi Warren, made my own tees out of some brass bar i had kicking around, took a couple of hours but well worth it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2018 14:01 #788920 by Warren3200gt
Replied by Warren3200gt on topic CARB separation
I wouldn't advocate anyone making fuel line components unless they are totally confident in what they are doing. Safety first lads.

Z1000J2 somewhat modified!

More
15 Aug 2018 17:11 #788953 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic CARB separation

Warren3200gt wrote: I wouldn't advocate anyone making fuel line components unless they are totally confident in what they are doing. Safety first lads.

Here is a Tee I made for my 750 carbs. It's better than the original by far.

[img
P1030580 by nessism , on Flickr

More
15 Aug 2018 17:15 #788954 by Togoster
Replied by Togoster on topic CARB separation
I think that qualifies you as confident in what you are doing.

I'll take a dozen

Get your motor running!

84 GPZ750
81 R100RS
83 GSX750ES
80 KZ1000 LTD

More
16 Aug 2018 00:27 #788994 by Warren3200gt

Nessism wrote: Here is a Tee I made for my 750 carbs. It's better than the original by far.

Nicely done and you appear to qualify :cheer: Its not a difficult piece of kit to fabricate IF you have access to a lathe but most do not and I wouldn't like to see someone try to make something that failed and bike and rider go up in a plume of flames.
I once saw a 650 that had the single fuel line junctioned into two, the T piece missing entirely and the fuel lines stuffed into the left and right T piece holes!

More
16 Aug 2018 11:53 #789031 by GS963
Replied by GS963 on topic CARB separation
The carbs are leaking im thinking its the t leaking. I took them apart cleaned bowls new gaskets and replaced the t and put them back on. I did not move any needle adjustments. Now Im having sticking idle problems. Bike runs fine WOT. I have to pop the throttle to keep it from sticking. I can advance rpm with throttle . when I release it goes back to idle position but the idle remains steady where I had it. Driving me crazy!!! I checked the inlets and air box boots. The seemed ok. Could this be a mechanical issue or adjustment issue ?

More
16 Aug 2018 12:10 #789032 by Warren3200gt
Sounds lik cble adjustment. Ithout th motor rningif you open the throle ide open en lt go can you hear the slides "clack" shut. Do the close cale first, shoud be et a ittle slak.then adjust the open cable. If ou haven't changed aything else not muh else it con be.

The following user(s) said Thank You: GS963