Engine will not accelerate

More
09 Aug 2016 15:43 #738028 by KZB2 650
Replied by KZB2 650 on topic Engine will not accelerate
Maybe search sonic cleaners on here...... been some problems with pine sol turning things black if I remember right..... you should be able to pick up some info on the best solution.

1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2016 17:06 #738168 by EricTheLeg
Replied by EricTheLeg on topic Engine will not accelerate

Old80LTD wrote: Sorry I did not get back to anyone on this issue yet, I am in the process of redoing a bathroom.... A honey-do!
I did do the thumb test and the slides drop much slower than without anything covering the port, so here is what I was going to do, I am going to re-clean the carbs with an ultrasonic cleaner we have and then try again, if it still does not correct the issue I think that the diaphragms might be no pliable enough and might need new ones. Has anyone replaced these? What is a good source for them?

The 'Honey-Do' items do cut into my motorcycling too. But then again, the "honey-didn't-do" items cut into my enjoyment of life in general, so I guess the occasional 'honey do' is a good thing.

I bought some diaphragms here ( jbmindustries.com/ ) a while back (about 2 years ago if I remember right). My prior diaphragms had small tears in them, so it was clear they needed replacing. I'm not sure I'd replace if you don't see any problems though. My symptoms were not what I'm experiencing now and what you describe.

On my bike, today I soaked the carbs using the parts cleaner that comes in a paint can from my local auto parts store (can't rember the name, wasn't Gunk). I also did clear tube test and found that one carb was filling up a bit higher than the other one. I've now got the float level adjusted to match. Both carbs fill to approx 3 MM below the top of the float bowl. I think I want to increase the fuel level a little (by 1-2 mm) next. Currently I still have troubles with pulling up off of idle.

1983 Kawasaki KZ440 LTD D/Belt - the road bike
1986 Husqvarna WR400 - the dirt bike
1985 Husqvarna WRX400 - The Project bike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.