stock jets of keihin cv34

More
14 May 2014 06:03 #632357 by JR
Replied by JR on topic stock jets of keihin cv34

karoliens wrote: I took the picture of the floats at rest position:

From what I saw on the internet and manual floats ar not upside down. By the way when bending tang and measuring height should it compress the fuel level valve spring because of the weight or should I put carbs in that position which won't compress but just touches? I read different opinions on the net.

Bend the tang and measure the height in the rest position as shown in your photograph. I'm sure the float weight will compress the spring a little but you should ignore this. Don't touch.

Hi Patton
In his Keihin CV34 carbs which are the same as mine the drain and the overflow are all the one. The drain screw just upens the lower end of the brass overflows tube. :)

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2014 06:26 - 14 May 2014 07:22 #632359 by JR
Apologies if I am misunderstanding
I edited your picture to show the effect of bending the tang. You should not need to bend very much. A small bend makes a big difference

You need to change the the float height and make it 4mm lower than it currently is. By doing this, when you reassemble the carbs and put them on the bike the fuel level will be 4mm higher in the bowl and should be 4mm below the carb bowl seam.
Your have measured the current fuel level in the bowl at 8mm below the bowl, body seam. Is it possible that your measurement using the clear tube method is incorrect?

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 May 2014 07:22 by JR.

More
14 May 2014 08:11 - 14 May 2014 08:27 #632380 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic stock jets of keihin cv34

Patton wrote: Clear tube test is supposed to draw fuel from the float bowl drain, and NOT from the overflow circuit.

If not already done, may need to loosen (not remove) the float bowl drain screw while performing the clear tube test. Otherwise, fuel from the bowl nipple is from the overflow circuit (which is incorrect for the clear tube test).

Good Fortune! :)

What I attempted to suggest is better stated in the manual:

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 May 2014 08:27 by Patton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JR

More
14 May 2014 08:59 #632387 by JR
Thanks Patton
Those instructions are the clearest and hopefully will help the original poster along with many others.

More
14 May 2014 12:30 #632425 by karoliens
Replied by karoliens on topic stock jets of keihin cv34
Hm I will try your suggested methods tomorrow. I don't know how I could lower float height by 4mm because it is already 18.5mm and float is resting against carb body. My thought is that I should increase float height because fuel level was 8mm below matting line.

83' Kawasaki KZ750E-L2

More
15 May 2014 22:34 #632617 by karoliens
Replied by karoliens on topic stock jets of keihin cv34
So finally I measured fuel level correctly. It showed incorrect fuel level earlier because I put fuel tank tap in "ON" position and not "PRI". :blush: So fuel level is 4mm +/-1mm. Is it bad if one carb fuel level is 4mm other is 5mm etc. if it includes within range 4mm +/-1mm?

83' Kawasaki KZ750E-L2