Hesitant from stop, Stuttering acceleration

More
19 Aug 2012 14:58 - 19 Aug 2012 14:59 #543431 by KZCafeRacer
Replied by KZCafeRacer on topic Hesitant from stop, Stuttering acceleration
Fenian - I could have a similar then, my inner tank rusted while I painted it last winter and was passing debris through to the carbs. I've installed an inline filter and that seems to have stopped any accumulation in the bowls. Have not reset or re-synched as I am unclear on how to do this...
BUT
I just relocated the bike to LA which is 8000+ ft below where the bike has been running, so its going to require a complete reworking down here at sea level anyway. I no longer have a garage or any of my tools, so I'm just going to have to take it into a shop and ask them to tune it for me. Sucks and I learn less, but I might come away with more confidence that it is done right.

Thank you all for all your suggestions, I researched all of them and tried most of them. This thread taught me a lot (which is why I bought the bike) so I'm thankful for that. I know that there are plenty of threads out there with similar symptoms, but I never came across one that really matched mine. Thank you all for helping me and I'll see you back here soon to hopefully help (or at least be encouraging) with any problems that crop up for you. Cheers.

1982 KZ650
Last edit: 19 Aug 2012 14:59 by KZCafeRacer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.