Mikuni VM29 problems.

More
22 Mar 2011 16:39 - 22 Mar 2011 16:42 #439720 by TexasKZ900
Replied by TexasKZ900 on topic Mikuni VM29 problems.
:woohoo: I got the carbs put back together, bench synced, and back on the bike. After a short warm up ride I synced them with the manometer, :evil: Holy @#%$ I had no idea the bike would be that different, lots of power. Now my plugs look right and the idle is good, no more blip-ping the throttle every time I come to a stop. I haven't had time to check my gas mileage, but the power is insane compared to what I had.

I just want to say thank you to everyone, without the input and advice I was getting nowhere.;)
Last edit: 22 Mar 2011 16:42 by TexasKZ900.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2011 11:20 #443204 by juliorice
Replied by juliorice on topic Mikuni VM29 problems.
Hello all. I"m totally new here and looking for anything I can find on tuning 29mm smoothbores. I'm just wondering. What solved your problems? From the best I can tell it was the fuel level too high in the bowls. Is this true? Glad it all came together. Take it easy. Julio

More
07 Apr 2011 14:01 - 07 Apr 2011 14:07 #443237 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Mikuni VM29 problems.

juliorice wrote: Hello all. I"m totally new here and looking for anything I can find on tuning 29mm smoothbores. I'm just wondering. What solved your problems? From the best I can tell it was the fuel level too high in the bowls. Is this true? Glad it all came together. Take it easy. Julio

Hello, juliorice, and WELCOME to KZr! :cheer:

We're glad you're here, and look forward to your participation.:)

Including information about bike year and model may elicit better responses.
And it's easy to put in your signature where it will automatically appear in posted messages.
When done, the signature information appears in all posts, past and future.
And may be changed as often as desired.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 07 Apr 2011 14:07 by Patton.