turns?

More
23 Sep 2010 06:18 #401121 by b.tracy79kz
Replied by b.tracy79kz on topic turns?
im not lucky enghough to have 29mm smoothbores.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2010 06:19 #401122 by b.tracy79kz
i have 26mm carbs

More
23 Sep 2010 17:27 #401282 by b.tracy79kz
thanks guys,now im going to synchronize

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
More
23 Sep 2010 18:52 #401301 by TeK9iNe
Replied by TeK9iNe on topic turns?
Guess I should mention...

DO NOT use the idle mixture screws to "tune" the carbs across the entire throttle range, or you will be eternally hunting for the "correct feel" forever. This is not what they're designed for!

Idle mixture screws are to be set correctly @ idle, and not during the use of any throttle input. If they cannot be set correctly (for example the idle increases or decreases continously, without being able to find both drop-off points while turning screws), then the wrong pilots are installed.

Pilot jets control the available fuel at idle/low rpm, and the cruise positions of the throttle. The best pilot selection will have you finding the highest rpm spot on the mixture screws at about 2 turns out, and best fuel economy at about 1 1/2 turns out. It will appear slightly lean when inspecting plugs, and this is correct. If a too rich pilot is used, it will make the cruise position very tight, and the bike will be jumpy/difficult to handle at low rpm/changing from accell to decel.

The needles affect the accelleration after cruise, all the way up to 2/3rds - 3/4 throttle/rpm range.

The Mains are for best power while pusing the bike to WOT off the needle, and the highest rpm ranges. Select a main the provides the most pulling power at WOT.

Theres lots more to learn...

Hope this helps!

Best of luck.

B)

Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)