Running Only in RES

More
10 Mar 2006 15:58 #29960 by GargantuChet
Replied by GargantuChet on topic Running Only in RES
I'm not sure what the left/right thing is about. Maybe we should start with whether it's a vacuum-type petcock -- do you have ON/OFF, or ON/PRI/RES settings on the petcock?

If there's no "OFF", it's vacuum-type, and you should have one vacuum line and one fuel line. You must hook the vacuum line up to the vacuum port on the carb, so that engine vacuum will open the petcock while the bike is running.

If there is an OFF setting, then it's not a vacuum-type, and I don't know what to suggest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2006 13:04 #30141 by modest911
Replied by modest911 on topic Running Only in RES
I have on/off/RES

More
11 Mar 2006 19:24 #30207 by GargantuChet
Replied by GargantuChet on topic Running Only in RES
Hmm... if you have an OFF position, then it's probably not vacuum-actuated. Mine has vacuum, so you'll have to hope that someone else has some input on this one.

More
13 Mar 2006 05:25 #30566 by modest911
Replied by modest911 on topic Running Only in RES
OKay so I have had a lot to think about - This bike came from Mn, St Paul - Will the elevation difference affect the carbs - Also I am about to do the coil mod -

So I am running way to rich - This is the problem that I am looking at and should have been looking all along -

Post edited by: modest911, at: 2006/03/13 08:27

More
14 Mar 2006 07:39 #30993 by fergyfer
Replied by fergyfer on topic Running Only in RES
I thought the problem you were trying to solve in this thread was that your gas only flows with petcock in RES setting..

This thread has jumped around so much it's giving me a headache.

More
14 Mar 2006 08:37 #31009 by hwms
Replied by hwms on topic Running Only in RES
I would suggest careful perusal of a maintainance manual to at least learn the basic functions of your machine prior to attempting any repairs that may or may not be required.