77 KZ1000 Carb tuning

More
15 Sep 2017 23:54 #770981 by perrineric
Replied by perrineric on topic 77 KZ1000 Carb tuning
Thanks Patton ! done my flaod level today again really i appreciate your help and this forum this forum ! It helps me very much for many questions and trouble with my kz's
today, i have seen this kind of pod on web , they sell it with a 17,5 jet for kz 1000 1977, for a kz 900 76 sold with 115 jet
i controled the level of fuel , valve etc etc ..
after many test from 15 jet to 2.0 and 115 to 120 in main i came back today with 2.0 and 120 , 3thd clip level 5cn8 needle , , 1,5 cutaway, (carb kz1000 77 )
15 and 17,5 doesnt work well on the idle or need to be really rich
20 seems to be pretty good nice iddle but always rich
115 not very good , hard to go more 6500 rpm 7000 even rich . missing gas
117,5 was working in shop and the central stand , i was to put back the gas tank when they begun to leak for all the carb just after i plug the gas line ( i moved the T connected and .... crack )
so i say enougth back to the last config 20 -120 - at list i was working working
test road : good up to 2500 3000, 3000 to 5000 i have a problem that doesn,t do on stand like not enough gas (that also hapened with others jetting size) after it works well up to red line all gear but lot off back fire on descompression
i supposed it is a direct link with the needle clip level. Monday i will test i will put it at 4th clip level ,

Or may be ignition
trouble In with strombo when i am good on T mark on the advancer mark ( doesn't go to the mark at any rpm around 2 mm before)
and when i get the advancer mark aligned i am to early on F (2 mm), in stactic with a bulb that give me few degrés diferences (like 2mm ) but this will be a other topic soon !
may be i should take care of the advancer mark ?
Again many thanks ! i ll takes you aware about what is happening in the next week !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2017 00:03 #770983 by perrineric
Replied by perrineric on topic 77 KZ1000 Carb tuning
Oups ! mistake ! by this sentence :Or may be ignition
trouble In with strombo when i am good on T mark on the advancer mark ( doesn't go to the mark at any rpm around 2 mm before)
i mind when i am good on the F mark i am not good on the advancer mark and vice et versa , (both side )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.