crazy idle

More
13 Jun 2008 17:21 #219879 by newhouse
Replied by newhouse on topic crazy idle
On the idle problem it happens on a random basis,but once it happens it wants to stay there.Even when I open the throttle to see if it will drop back down sometimes it go's back sometms not.Looks like a bench syn and checking the routing on th cable. Tried your full coil power method voltage was abou 8.90 now its 11.94 Thanks!! Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2008 01:57 #220269 by Z1109R Fin
Replied by Z1109R Fin on topic crazy idle
wiredgeorge wrote:

Ok... You bought an EGA and made two sets of carburetors work... now think that the advice I have given over the years is: test-ride-bummer-test-ride-oh-crap -method ???

I have synchronized THOUSANDS of sets of carburetors and made a statement based on that experience and will stand by it. Making the idle mixture right prior to synchronizing any carburetor is necessary and the closer to correct, the easier it is to sync. I also have an EGA and several very professional sets of sync gauges. They DO NOT make all the difference in the world when tuning; experience does.

Oh-bummer! WG, you must have undestood my comments absolutely wrong. I really didn´t intend to step on your territory here and I´ve never said that I´m an expert in carbs. Also I´ve never underestimated your experience or knowledge in this area. As I wrote earlier I´m not trying to be a expert here. Just wanted to clarify term synching because there are many, many guys here (like me) that are trying to learn about these bikes and general maintenance.

Z1000R ´83...Slightly modified...

More
16 Jun 2008 04:09 #220274 by Z1109R Fin
wiredgeorge wrote:

Ok... You bought an EGA and made two sets of carburetors work... now think that the advice I have given over the years is: test-ride-bummer-test-ride-oh-crap -method ???

I have synchronized THOUSANDS of sets of carburetors and made a statement based on that experience and will stand by it. Making the idle mixture right prior to synchronizing any carburetor is necessary and the closer to correct, the easier it is to sync. I also have an EGA and several very professional sets of sync gauges. They DO NOT make all the difference in the world when tuning; experience does.

These kind of "I´m The One and Only" -people really make me think do I need this? All I wanted to do is contributing to the forum by trying to help a fellow rider. This kind of flaming is the reason why I left KZR a while back and really makes me wonder that option again. It´s funny though that even english is not my native language I didn´t realize that my writing could be so misleading that I get this kind of comments on my posting. Well...who cares:S

More
16 Jun 2008 07:14 #220294 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic crazy idle
The test-ride-bummer-test-ride-oh-crap -method comment didn't sound like there was much to misundertand. Since you were responding to ME, I took you to mean I was misleading people. My last comment on this subject.

As far as the problem at hand, since the idle problem seems to be erratic or not happening on a consistent basis, try jiggling the choke plunger knob next time it happens. If the choke plunger pads are not seating, this will seat them and alert you to the next step in resolving the problem.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
17 Jun 2008 01:11 - 17 Jun 2008 01:14 #220454 by Z1109R Fin
wiredgeorge wrote:

The test-ride-bummer-test-ride-oh-crap -method comment didn't sound like there was much to misundertand. Since you were responding to ME, I took you to mean I was misleading people. My last comment on this subject.
quote]

Wo-hoo, hold on now WG! You really think you can have the last word here after flaming on me? Who the heck do you think you are?

There is nothing in that paragraph saying anything about your expertise or knowlegde. I wrote that to explain to others how handy I think those two gadgets have been compared to last 2 summers trial-error -method. Please read it again and I´m shure you´ll see.

I´ve been a member of KZRider since ´04 and during that time I´ve really enjoyed your helpful writings and advice earlier but this is not a fair way to write on this board.

Last edit: 17 Jun 2008 01:14 by Z1109R Fin.

More
17 Jun 2008 13:10 #220531 by coppertales
Replied by coppertales on topic crazy idle
Give it a rest..............................chris3

1982 KZ1100 A2
1982 1100 SPECTRE
1982 1100 SPECTRE

More
18 Jun 2008 04:07 #220655 by Z1109R Fin
coppertales wrote:

Give it a rest..............................chris3

Yeap, probably best to let it slide..........What ever:laugh: