breaking wind?!

More
12 Jun 2008 05:46 #219576 by Z1109R Fin
Replied by Z1109R Fin on topic breaking wind?!
mr anderson wrote:

I like the sound of those! Maybe I'll try them and see if they fix the cross wind problem. where could I view the product and prices of those filters?

The Man-The Myth-The Legend Jeff Saunders at www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=2658

Z1000R ´83...Slightly modified...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2008 12:14 - 12 Jun 2008 12:16 #219649 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic breaking wind?!
Anderson, If your bike were properly jetted for use with pods and the exhaust you have, you wouldn't have all that much a problem. You would feel cross winds a tad but not dramatically, as you described. You are lean and get a lot more lean when air is forced into the pods. By restricting the pods airflow with your legs, you effectively richened the mixture...

Also, ANY type/brand of pod air filter will react the same way. K&N, Emgo, UNI... they all behave identically in crosswinds and I have not noticed a marked difference between constant velocity carbs and mechanical slide carbs in crosswinds... they behave about the same... slight surging. Trucks or heavy vehicles passing will also be felt just a tad.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!
Last edit: 12 Jun 2008 12:16 by wiredgeorge.

More
12 Jun 2008 12:41 #219655 by ronjones
Replied by ronjones on topic breaking wind?!
wiredgeorge wrote:

...carbs in crosswinds... they behave about the same... slight surging. Trucks or heavy vehicles passing will also be felt just a tad.

WG's discription, pretty much discribes what I feel when riding in hi cross winds/truck backwash.

'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

More
13 Jun 2008 07:27 #219772 by mr anderson
Replied by mr anderson on topic breaking wind?!
wiredgeorge wrote:

Anderson, If your bike were properly jetted for use with pods and the exhaust you have, you wouldn't have all that much a problem.

would improper jetting cause bogging at hight rpm's? whenever I reach 50+ mph it begins to bogg when I accelerate hard.