RS Carb data

• mark1122
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
05 Nov 2007 19:26 #179786 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic RS Carb data
Fin .I here ya on the learning part ,thats for sure. $150 euro = $225 hear.i will go with the dyno for now. That would be a very good learning tool to have.
Nads.(quote)"Mark sometimes i think your messing with me."
Dose that meen i ask too many stupid questions? lol.Sorry man.i'm still learnin.
quote "Take two smaller ports and the air will move faster through them. Even when the total combined erea of two ports is greater than just one."
This make sence but i would have thought the port runners would have been the same diameter for each(1 big valve or 2 small 1's with the same area)????? i dont know ? i'm just guessing.Thats why i keep asking dumb questions.lol

Post edited by: mark1122, at: 2007/11/05 22:30

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2007 00:31 #179800 by Z1109R Fin
Replied by Z1109R Fin on topic RS Carb data
mark1122 wrote:

...i'm just guessing.Thats why i keep asking dumb questions.lol<br><br>Post edited by: mark1122, at: 2007/11/05 22:30

There are no stupid questions! It´s stupid not to ask and then break something or to pay too much :P And I´ve done it all:pinch:

Z1000R ´83...Slightly modified...

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
11 Nov 2007 06:16 #180535 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic RS Carb data
nads.com wrote:

Mark sometimes i think your messing with me ... combine the two ports from a 4 valve head back into one and the air speed will be slower. Outside the motor is atmospheric pressure, the engine piston creates negative pressure. Try to create enough negative pressure with a given displacement, and one huge port hole... have to be hummin pretty good and at slow piston speed, very slow air speed. Too much port erea. Take two smaller ports and the air will move faster through them. Even when the total combined erea of two ports is greater than just one. AND I just made that up, but it sounded good.:dry:

Actual measured port velocities w/ stock heads

Max valve lift - stock valves - 28" test pressure

2V KZ head = 300 FPS dead down the middle of the runner.

4V ZX900A1 head = 250 FPS dead down the middle of the runner.

Theories are all well and fine but sometimes they just aren't accurate to all setups.;)

Post edited by: larrycavan, at: 2007/11/11 09:23

More
11 Nov 2007 09:16 #180556 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic RS Carb data
pick on my speed larry but leave my volume alone! Remember the turtle and the rabbit. Well i got a pic of a turtle:whistle: sitting on a twin turbo zx waiting for the rabbit. Yeah the rabbit suited up faster, but therewas the turtle at the finish line with his dingleberries hangin off the seat:P

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
11 Nov 2007 10:16 #180564 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic RS Carb data
nads.com wrote:

pick on my speed larry but leave my volume alone! Remember the turtle and the rabbit. Well i got a pic of a turtle:whistle: sitting on a twin turbo zx waiting for the rabbit. Yeah the rabbit suited up faster, but therewas the turtle at the finish line with his dingleberries hangin off the seat:P

Ya lost me....I have no idea what that's all about.:huh: