? jet size

• Skyman
  • User
  • 1978 KZ1000-B2 LTD 1982 KZ1000-M2 CSR
More
18 Jun 2007 09:08 #150567 by Skyman
Replied by Skyman on topic ? jet size
wiredgeorge wrote:

... Keep in mind that the earlier (76/77) will not come with vacuum ports for a vacuum petcock if you need this.

WG, this statement by you confused me a bit.

On my bike ('78 KZ1000 B2) I have no vacuum ports on the carb. But when I modified my bike by switching to a larger gas tank with a vacuum petcock, I just connected a hose from the vacuum port on the petcock to the vacuum port on my intake manifold. It works fine.

Did I do anything "wrong", or are we talking apples and oranges?

West Linn, OR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2007 09:16 #150569 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic ? jet size
well that was not really what I was wanting to hear, but :( , guess it could be worse.

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

More
18 Jun 2007 18:17 #150710 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic ? jet size
If you use a vacuum petcock, with carbs that have no vacuum spigots, you can use the vacuum on the carb holders. Problem is, a lot of gas will condense and sit in the vacuum port. I suggest it would be a good idea to flip one of the carb holders upside-down; probably the #4 carb holder and use it to provide vacuum... would have much less gas in the vacuum line. The #4 carb holder vacuum port sticking out; even thought it is in the wrong direction would still be pretty easy to get a vacuum line from your manomenter on.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Skyman
  • User
  • 1978 KZ1000-B2 LTD 1982 KZ1000-M2 CSR
More
18 Jun 2007 22:09 #150778 by Skyman
Replied by Skyman on topic ? jet size
wiredgeorge wrote:

If you use a vacuum petcock, with carbs that have no vacuum spigots, you can use the vacuum on the carb holders. Problem is, a lot of gas will condense and sit in the vacuum port. I suggest it would be a good idea to flip one of the carb holders upside-down; probably the #4 carb holder and use it to provide vacuum... would have much less gas in the vacuum line. The #4 carb holder vacuum port sticking out; even thought it is in the wrong direction would still be pretty easy to get a vacuum line from your manomenter on.

This is exactly what I did. I flipped my #2 carb holder so that it points up, and then I hooked my vacuum hose from the petcock to that. Works great.

West Linn, OR