Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ProStar Rule Book 2002? 27 Oct 2022 13:54 #876076

• Injected
  • Injected's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 385
This may be a long shot - Does anybody have a copy or remember what the engine CC limit was for 4V Suzuki Pro Stock? Would be 2001-2 only.

This is before the HD's arrived (2003) when the Kawasaki's were the only competition.

Trying to find out how big the FBG Pro Stock engine was. There was a distinct CC/weight limit to make it a level playing field.

The only rule book I own is NHRA 1995, which only covers E.T./Sportsman. Trying not to ask somebody else this question :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Injected.

ProStar Rule Book 2002? 29 Oct 2022 11:29 #876161

• Injected
  • User
I think I may have answered my own question, not 100% sure but it was a comment on a Utube Video showing this bike :

I am asking the motor size because I bought some Lectron Rods that were supposedly in this bike.
I don't know too much about the carbs I bought but they are 40mm, was looking used for 38's for over 4 years.
The 40's came with 2-1 rods, I was told that the engine would not run great with them.
The FBG rods are 2-0 said they would work better on my 1327cc motor and that they were out of the "Pro Stock" bike he ran in AMA Pro Star.

The Vortex heads came out just about that time so not sure if it was 2V 1500 or 4V 1300. Not sure if Paul would have jumped on 4V so quickly, seems like the kind of guy that would wait.

I am not sure how old this picture is but that looks like a 2V head :

Attachments:

ProStar Rule Book 2002? 29 Oct 2022 12:14 #876164

• Injected
  • User

Aren't they "cute"

Attachments:

ProStar Rule Book 2002? 29 Oct 2022 12:21 #876165

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1771

I think I may have answered my own question, not 100% sure but it was a comment on a Utube Video showing this bike :

I am asking the motor size because I bought some Lectron Rods that were supposedly in this bike.
I don't know too much about the carbs I bought but they are 40mm, was looking used for 38's for over 4 years.
The 40's came with 2-1 rods, I was told that the engine would not run great with them.
The FBG rods are 2-0 said they would work better on my 1327cc motor and that they were out of the "Pro Stock" bike he ran in AMA Pro Star.

The Vortex heads came out just about that time so not sure if it was 2V 1500 or 4V 1300. Not sure if Paul would have jumped on 4V so quickly, seems like the kind of guy that would wait.

I am not sure how old this picture is but that looks like a 2V head :

Wow! That's the biggest timing protractor I've ever seen 

• Page: