Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:New Project 12 Jul 2016 05:53 #734664

• AJCrader
  • AJCrader's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1

z1kzonly wrote: Nice score. Don't be intimidated! Thats not an NHRA prostock!. It's a simple old school machine. Your lucky if was a turbo. This way you have lower comp. pistons and regular camshafts. The intake port are opened up on the head.
There the ebay cult guru oinkonajohnson guy that sells dragbike parts every day all day for th last 10 years.
Pull the head and see whats in there. 1220? would mean 1260cc's that was popular. I ran a 1260 alky turbo engine with 10:1 comp. pistons with Andrews 3X cams. shim on top buckets and 37.5 super pro mikuni's for 10 years ran 6.0's in the 1/8.
You got a great start there! just hope your top end is ok. If not, find a stock engine. Parts are plentiful for what you need.
clean it up and take some more pics with the body off.

Thanks! That is good info that I can use! Once I get the garage cleaned up some I will be able to tear into it more, I found a picture of a previous owner riding it at Speedworld too...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AJ
Drag bike, 1220cc Z1R KZ project

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New Project 12 Jul 2016 05:57 #734665

• AJCrader
  • User

z1kzonly wrote: Nice score. Don't be intimidated! Thats not an NHRA prostock!. It's a simple old school machine. Your lucky if was a turbo. This way you have lower comp. pistons and regular camshafts. The intake port are opened up on the head.
There the ebay cult guru oinkonajohnson guy that sells dragbike parts every day all day for th last 10 years.
Pull the head and see whats in there. 1220? would mean 1260cc's that was popular. I ran a 1260 alky turbo engine with 10:1 comp. pistons with Andrews 3X cams. shim on top buckets and 37.5 super pro mikuni's for 10 years ran 6.0's in the 1/8.
You got a great start there! just hope your top end is ok. If not, find a stock engine. Parts are plentiful for what you need.
clean it up and take some more pics with the body off.

Oh, forgot to mention, couldn't find oinkonajohnson anywhere, help would be awesome!

AJ

Re:New Project 12 Jul 2016 07:00 #734674

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 512

Warning: Undefined variable $itemid in /home/kzride5/public_html/libraries/kunena/bbcode/bbcode.php on line 262
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationSorry, late night, medicated TUI :S OINK ads have the blue shop towels always as a back drop..
I don't know your budget? But ditch the big body and find the old school KZ style separate body pieces. (MOpinion)
Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Re:New Project 12 Jul 2016 07:30 #734679

• AJCrader
  • User

Warning: Undefined variable $itemid in /home/kzride5/public_html/libraries/kunena/bbcode/bbcode.php on line 262
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

z1kzonly wrote: Sorry, late night, medicated TUI :S OINK ads have the blue shop towels always as a back drop..
I don't know your budget? But ditch the big body and find the old school KZ style separate body pieces. (MOpinion)

Thanks for the link...I actually prefer the one piece body, but this one is rough is putting it nicely...just depends on cost for me...I am hoping to get onto the track for $1750 or less, and I already picked up a V&H sidewinder for $180 shipped, so down to $1570 left

AJ

Re:New Project 12 Jul 2016 07:34 #734681

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
If the body is fiberglass it can be fixed. Fun too if you like working with your hands. Pics?
Steve
kzrider.com/forum/6-paint-a-bodywork/599...rd-box-repair#694041

Last edit: by SWest. Reason: add link

Re:New Project 12 Jul 2016 10:20 #734693

• AJCrader
  • User

swest wrote: If the body is fiberglass it can be fixed. Fun too if you like working with your hands. Pics?
Steve
kzrider.com/forum/6-paint-a-bodywork/599...rd-box-repair#694041

Thanks, it is fiberglass, but I am always fearful to try things the first time on something that I want to look semi decent

AJ

Re:New Project 12 Jul 2016 11:08 #734696

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
Do the back side first, you have to anyway. Like we say in building. Anything that can be done, can be undone. B)
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJCrader

New Project 12 Jul 2016 15:06 #734712

• AJCrader
  • User
Given the dyna s and dyna 3.0 coils that are on the bike, I just got a dyna 4000, what all would I need to complete that setup?

AJ

Last edit: by AJCrader.