Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Kz900 engine cases 24 Jan 2022 13:24 #861021

• Samminorwich
  • Samminorwich's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I want to sell these cases to someone who needs them not for someone to sell on make a fast buck , if people are genuine and want a set of engine cases than that's good and they can contact me and we can see if these cases are right for thier project if they have no project the serial number doesn't matter to them just , tooo much greed in this world money ruins most hobbies 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kz900 engine cases 24 Jan 2022 14:56 #861026

• DOHC
  • Sustaining Member
  • Those Doe-Hawks really go!
  • Thank you received: 503

I want to sell these cases to someone who needs them 
I don't think this is anyone is looking for gold. 

When mikaw said "people looking for 900 cases are going to be looking for a specific serial number range," I think the point was that folks often have a frame and they are looking for an engine number that is close to their frame number.

These bikes did not typically have matching frame and engine numbers, but the numbers were generally close (within about 100).  So a case number that is closer can help someone to make a "matching number" bike.  That would be very exciting for someone who has a Z1 frame.
'78 Z1-R in blue , '78 Z1-R in black, '78 Z1-R in pieces
My dad's '74 Z1
'00 ZRX1100
The following user(s) said Thank You: slmjim+Z1BEBE

Kz900 engine cases 24 Jan 2022 15:27 #861029

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1859
Sammi, As DOHC said, and I’ll add to it. Nobody buys 900 cases for anything other then replacing a bad set or as DOHC says trying to get a close match to a frame. The 900 cases are not even a big draw to drag race guys. I was only trying to help you weed out presumable multiple inquiries to the serial numbers. And on the other end it might draw in a customer by them seeing a serial number they are looking for. I completely agree, once a hobby gets overly expensive it turns into more of a business. No fun for the hobby guys and the aficionados. Although we all need to be honest and admit we like the fact the value of our bikes are rising. 

As far as the whole production year, build year, titled years goes, funny it’s only the Z1 guys that are pushing to claim their bike as a 1972, not a 1973. You never hear a guy that owns a Z1A built in ‘73 trying to claim it as a Z1. Again I state, if the 72/73 stuff is true then my 11/75 built Kz900 is actually a Z1B!
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

Kz900 engine cases 25 Jan 2022 04:35 #861052

• Samminorwich
  • Samminorwich's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Funny back in the day in the 70s and 80s in the UK I cannot talk about the USA you didn't see many kz650 or 900 or 1000s we were treated like hells angels always stopped by police , I rode like a goose on Madmax but now loads of people are buying these bikes looking towards the past who I think never rode them and never really explored the bikes bad handling and weak engines especially over 110 mph and rattling cam chains 
Yes I am annoyed at people's greed nowdays pushing hobbies out of people's reach 
I saw this with my own experience from jaguar e types and first generation range rovers I hate the word Classic 
If I don't sell them I will weigh them in for scrap the hobby is not as friendly as back in the late 70s early 80s and everyone thinks they can ride when they havnt got experience of riding a H1 on square tyres on twisty roads

Kz900 engine cases 25 Jan 2022 05:11 #861054

• kzstreetfighter71
  • User
  • Atlantic West Coast
  • Thank you received: 250
So what you are saying is the older generation who might have been a bit too young to own bike at the time they came out or a new generation of owners have no right to own or seek out or own anything that they didn't ride or drive "back in the day"? also the bike enthusiasts like myself who are trying to bring bikes back from the grave or scrap heap literally from the frame up, have no business doing business with people who have parts and are looking to make a few bucks off of their own possessions or should sell them at pennies to the pound cause it drives up the prices....just making sure we are on the same page here. :)
06 Gsf 1200 bandit, 08 Triumph tiger 1010
05 Yam xv1700 , 02 Hon shadow 1100
1975 Z1 (currently working on)
1977 Z1000 ( running and in storage)
1978 Z1000 (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "skinny tank" (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "fat tank (gathering parts)
1979 z1000st (currently working on)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD, 750 R1, Warren3200gt, Wookie58

Kz900 engine cases 25 Jan 2022 05:24 #861055

• 73z1
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 103

So what you are saying is the older generation who might have been a bit too young to own bike at the time they came out or a new generation of owners have no right to own or seek out or own anything that they didn't ride or drive "back in the day"? also the bike enthusiasts like myself who are trying to bring bikes back from the grave or scrap heap literally from the frame up, have no business doing business with people who have parts and are looking to make a few bucks off of their own possessions or should sell them at pennies to the pound cause it drives up the prices....just making sure we are on the same page here.

Yes, you are a bad person, very bad, stop these activities at once, cease and desist, some penance is in order.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kzstreetfighter71

Kz900 engine cases 25 Jan 2022 15:24 #861088

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394

Funny back in the day in the 70s and 80s in the UK I cannot talk about the USA you didn't see many kz650 or 900 or 1000s we were treated like hells angels always stopped by police , I rode like a goose on Madmax but now loads of people are buying these bikes looking towards the past who I think never rode them and never really explored the bikes bad handling and weak engines especially over 110 mph and rattling cam chains 
Yes I am annoyed at people's greed nowdays pushing hobbies out of people's reach 
I saw this with my own experience from jaguar e types and first generation range rovers I hate the word Classic 
If I don't sell them I will weigh them in for scrap the hobby is not as friendly as back in the late 70s early 80s and everyone thinks they can ride when they havnt got experience of riding a H1 on square tyres on twisty roads
Oh FFS, stop stereotyping everyone not in your "age" group and sell the bloody things, if you sell them for scrap you killing off one more engine rebuild, which would negate everything you said about "pushing hobbies out of people's reach", because that's exactly what you'll do to someone by scrapping those cases....
PS, I've ridden H1's H2's and everything from Honda/4's up to GSXR1100's, I'm not sure why you "can't ride" if you haven't ridden a H1, plenty of good riders were killed by those poor handling things. I'm also older {i'm a 63 model}, and don't seem to share your grief or pessimism....
Oh, and by the way, someone on the UK kawasaki forum offered you a set of cases, {Months ago}, you didn't seem to reply...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

Kz900 engine cases 26 Jan 2022 06:17 #861121

• slmjim+Z1BEBE
  • User
  • Enjoy Life! IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!
  • Thank you received: 601
Manufacture date and title date are two different things.  Fact - Z1's were manufactured commencing in August 1972.  Title date doesn't change that fact.

"As for celebrations, forget the prototype and press bikes, the first production Kawasaki Z1 was in August 1972, the birth month of the model. You wouldn't celebrate your birthday, wedding anniversary etc some 4 months after the event, so why would we celebrate the Z1 50th anniversary in 1973. The model year and and birthday of the Z1 are mutually exclusive."
-Z1kerry-

Kawasaki itself has kicked off the 50th anniversary of the introduction of the Z1 for 2022.
www.kawasaki-cp.khi.co.jp/Z50th/en/

10 years ago, in 2012, Kawasaki Heavy industries Ltd.C0. (Motorcycle & Engine Division) ,
celebrated 40 years of the Z1 (900 Super-4).

As far as the cases go, there are those who wish to piece together a frankenbike with no regard at all for correct numbers.   A cheap Z-bike lookalike, a bobber, a street fighter, a high-dollar radical custom, whatever.  Good air-cooled Z-bike cases are a small, finite resource.  If one were to trash a perfectly good set of cases for no reason other than to keep them out of the hands of someone else, shame be upon them.  Time to turn in your vintage Kawasaki enthusiast card.

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE

A biker looks at your engine and chrome.
A Rider looks at your odometer and tags.

1972 Z1 x2
1974 Z1-A x2
1975 Z1-B x2
1993 CB 750 Nighthawk x2
2009 ST1300A

www.kawasaki-z-classik.com
An enthusiast's forum focused exclusively
on all things Z1, Z2 and KZ900.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD, SWest

Kz900 engine cases 26 Jan 2022 09:10 #861128

• Rick H.
  • User
  • Thank you received: 254
I consider myself one of the lucky ones because I was fortunate enough to have purchased a brand new Z1-B back in the day.  Although I was a Harley guy back then the Z1 interested me enough to buy a brandy new one from a dealer that was closing his doors.  I had that bike several years and loved it to death, but alas life, marriage, career and kids intervened, so off went the Z1-B.  I always wanted another one, but common sense and cost drove me to purchase a '77 KZ-1000 which I consider a more refined bike in many respects from the Z1-B.  The cost of anything considered collectable today has gone up by leaps and bounds fueled by an insatiable desire of some people to have something they couldn't have when they were younger, or were simply too young to have.  The other factor is the crowd that simply has a ton of money and spends it like a drunken sailor on shore leave in Bangkok.  All you have to do to see these people is watch the major auctions.  They are the ones buying and selling vehicles like nuts and a year or two later they are selling them off and buying something else they desire.  Ahhhh if only I was so lucky, but I am not.  The market is going to do what the players demand no matter what the subject matter is.  My one and only concern in all this are the people who buy a perfectly good anything (car, bike, whatever) and alter it from its original condition.  There are plenty of half-hearted projects out there that these people could buy and alter to their hearts desire, but for some reason they don't do that.  They buy an original and hack it to death.  I always remember the words of a wise man who told me a long time ago something is only original once and something is only new once.  I have a ton of parts for different projects I have had over the years and I would never consider scraping or salvaging them and it drives my wife nuts.  But somewhere, someone will quite possibly need an item I have in order to complete a project or get something back in working condition.  It would be a shame to just scrap a set of engine cases for a Kawasaki, so if nothing else give them away to an interested person or sell them.  They may complete a project or get one back on the road to be enjoyed.  Just my opinion.....

Rick H.
Rick H.

1977 Kawasaki KZ-1000A1
The following user(s) said Thank You: slmjim+Z1BEBE, Street Fighter LTD, SWest, 750 R1, Wheelhop

Kz900 engine cases 28 Jan 2022 10:15 #861242

• Wheelhop
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 294
I have sent 2 Private Messages to "Samminorwich" requesting more info on the KZ900 cases (Pics, numbers) and have not received a reply.

1978 KZ 1000B (73 tribute)
1977 KZ1000 project
1976 KZ 900
1976 KV 75
1976 Honda Elsinore MT250
1974 Z1 900 project
1971 Honda CT70

Kz900 engine cases 28 Jan 2022 11:20 #861245

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972

I have sent 2 Private Messages to "Samminorwich" requesting more info on the KZ900 cases (Pics, numbers) and have not received a reply.

Last log in was on the  25th
Have you tried her e mail listed in her profile ????

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Last edit: by Street Fighter LTD.

Kz900 engine cases 28 Jan 2022 12:08 #861250

• Wheelhop
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 294
No,
but I will give it a try

thank you
1978 KZ 1000B (73 tribute)
1977 KZ1000 project
1976 KZ 900
1976 KV 75
1976 Honda Elsinore MT250
1974 Z1 900 project
1971 Honda CT70