Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dyna beads 13 Jul 2016 19:17 #734851

• stokes
  • stokes's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
Dont know if any of you guys have tried these yet.I tried them in the tires on my Harley FXD and was blown away at how well they worked.I had fairly new tires that were just balanced in the traditional way,with weights on the rim,tires were a couple months old and balanced when installed.There was no noticeable vibrations,but I bought the beads and figured I'd try them.I removed the weights put the beads in and didnt expect to see any improvement,since there was'nt really anything to improve on,but was quite surprised at how much smoother the ride became,like riding on glass.For the entire life of the tires,3 seasons before I replaced the tires,I never felt the need to balance the tires.They really work.I've read some opinions on the internet claiming they are "snake oil",but I cant for the life of me understand how anybody could use them and not think they work.I even have them in my Caddy and my Nissan Frontier with similar results.I just ordered more for my recently acquired KZ 1000 and expect the same results.They are a bit of a pain to put in the tire,you have to add them thru the tire valve via a small piece of hose very slowly or they kind of clog the hose if you fill too quickly but if you dont try to rush its not too bad.Heres a link www.innovativebalancing.com/motorcycle.htm $26 for most bikes and you'll never have to balance the tires for their life.
1980 KZ1000B Ltd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dyna beads 14 Jul 2016 09:10 #734913

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2043
Seems to me that if they really were that awesome, every vehicle manufacturer and every tire retailer would already be using them.

Seriously, if you owned a Discount Tire store and could ditch several thousand dollars worth of equipment and reduce the time spent with each customer by 10 or 15%, wouldn't you do that right away? Can we even imagine how much money Ford would save in a year?
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Dyna beads 14 Jul 2016 09:19 #734915

• 531blackbanshee
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 797
i use them in the tires of my roadking and will use them again.

my dad has them in his kz650,v-max,and some for his kz750 that he's fixing to put new tires on.

they work for us.

leon
skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

Dyna beads 14 Jul 2016 10:15 #734936

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2043
I have spent a few minutes poking around on the net for some actual test of these things, to no avail. Most of what I found were demonstrations by sellers and some testimonials by users. Most users seem to think they work, but there were dissenters. The closest thing to an unbiased review I've found was this--
www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/bead-balancing-tires/
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough
The following user(s) said Thank You: loudhvx

Dyna beads 14 Jul 2016 10:52 #734942

• stokes
  • User
Well,if you already have the gear to do it the traditional way and are making money using it,I dont think "ditching several thousand worth of equipment" would make sense.A couple of weights cost pennies,two mc tires cost me $26,,well,$16 before tax and shipping,its not cheaper to use the beads,but in my experience it works better.I dont think car dealers or "discount tire stores" are willing to add $10 or so per tire.You have 2 unbiased opinions right here,well at least I dont have any vested interest,I cant speak for Leon.It seems to me you've already formed an opinion on them,so I would suggest you not waste your money.I read about these beads on other mc forums,both advocates and dissenters.I looked at the manufacturers site and read his theory on how they worked,seemed to make sense to me,I tried them and in my experience they work great.
1980 KZ1000B Ltd

Dyna beads 14 Jul 2016 13:01 #734955

• 531blackbanshee
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 797
i'm just an old poor boy that lives a long way(30 miles one way) from a town that can do anything with mc tires.
so when it was time for the firekings new tires i couldn't justify driving back and forth to town and paying the mc shop to dis-mount/mount and balance my tires.
so i broke out my 4x4's and car trailer ramp (aka bead breaker),and spoons and removed and replaced some new metzlers.
being as how i didn't have any balancing equipment myself and my dad had already been using the dyna beads i figured i would give them a try .
they worked for me and i won't hesitate to use them in the future.

leon
skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

Dyna beads 14 Jul 2016 17:31 #734976

• stokes
  • User
Obviously,I'm with you Leon.I will use them in any vehicle I ever own.Cant say the results were as dramatic in my Caddy or pick-up,but the tires are balanced and will stay that way as the tires wear.
1980 KZ1000B Ltd

Dyna beads 14 Jul 2016 17:53 #734978

• punisher11b
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
I used them to balance the tires in my KZ305 and I really liked them. Put many miles on the tires and never had any complaints.
- good luck

Dyna beads 15 Jul 2016 04:35 #735006

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1953
My Brother has had good luck with them in his monster truck tires ( 44 in ) I think.
I havent tried them yet
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Dyna beads 15 Jul 2016 07:44 #735024

• barney
  • User
  • Thank you received: 36
I use them on my ELR and have no problem However you wont make any friends if you take a wheel/tire to the shop. Those things get in every crevice on the tire changer machine and are a bitch to clean out.

Dyna beads 15 Jul 2016 09:02 #735035

• stokes
  • User
Well,just like you should warn them when you've used "fix a flat"in a tire,you should alert them to the beads.When I changed tires on my Caddy,I warned them and had new beads to add to the new tires.All it took was for him to break the bead on the top side of the tire and stick the nozzle of his shop vac inside,no mess.He didnt seem to mind and thanked me for alerting him.
1980 KZ1000B Ltd

Dyna beads 01 May 2017 06:54 #760886

• jdvorchak
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
I guess I'm piling onto an old thread but I've been using Dyna Beads on all of the bikes since 2009. No complaints. In my mind static balance is fine.... for a while. What happens when you tires are worn 50%? That is a lot of rubber weight to loose and to me there is no way that tire is still in balance. Dyna beads re-balance your tires each time you ride no matter how much rubber is gone.

I started using them on an a GL1800 that would exhibit tire cupping about 1/2 way through the tread life. That cupping went away with the Dyna Beads.
Don't fix it until it's broken.
John

83 KZ550M1
83 KZ1100LTD

Also own:
2010 Harley Ultra Classic Limited, 2008 Harley low rider 71 CB350/sidecar
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

• Page: