• Page:

TOPIC:

Fuel Level Gauge 23 Nov 2011 14:53 #489847

• KZ7hundy
  • KZ7hundy's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 1984 KZ700
  • Thank you received: 0
My manual says to make sure my carbs float levels are right to measure the fuel level with a fuel level gauge but it looks like this is just clear hose? Am I right about that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fuel Level Gauge 23 Nov 2011 15:01 #489848

• Boostable
  • User
  • Thank you received: 13
Yes you are..
~Jack

1982 KZ1000 J2 ~ Project (Street Fighter - Project Section)
1976 KZ900 - Daily Rider

Fuel Level Gauge 23 Nov 2011 15:46 #489854

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098

KZ7hundy wrote: My manual says to make sure my carbs float levels are right to measure the fuel level with a fuel level gauge but it looks like this is just clear hose? Am I right about that?

The manual is talking about measuring the float height while the carbs are upside down on the bench with the float bowl removed. Whereby setting the float height will at best hopefully get a ball park adjustment toward ultimately achieving the correct fuel level.

The actual resulting fuel level is the most important consideration -- not the measured float height.

The "correct" measured float height is whatever it takes to achieve the proper actual fuel level in a fully assembled carb.

With perfect matching fuel levels in all carbs, the measured float height may well be different in each carb.

The clear tube test is for assuring that the fuel level is correct inside the float bowl.

Good Fortune! :)
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Last edit: by Patton.
  • Page: