Slow cranking

More
10 Dec 2006 18:33 #98865 by Jay_G
Slow cranking was created by Jay_G
Hey guys,

I have just rebuilt My GT750(kz750-p1) engine with a wiseco 810 kit and .030" off the head and put it in the bike and have been setting it up for the first run.

I cranked it over on the starter with the plugs out to get the oil up no probs now i put the plugs in and its having trouble cranking due to compression. i was using jumper leads hooked up to a running car so voltage isnt a problem. i also bypassed the starter solenoid and it was the same.

what do i do???

i got the bike as a basket case so i havn't had it running before but i swapped the starter for another and it was even worse.

is it possible that slightly out cam timing could be casuing this or is it that im running fairly high compression and the starter is old and worn out?

Help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • Visitor
10 Dec 2006 19:08 #98881 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Slow cranking
could be a combination of all the above,never jumpstart a bike off a car though especially a running car:S you can cook a lot of stuff really fast doing it;)

More
10 Dec 2006 22:17 #98924 by Jay_G
Replied by Jay_G on topic Slow cranking
Well it only took a few hours but i figured it out, apparently $10 jumper leads dont carry current very well do they :angry: bolted a battery directly up to the terminals and voila cranks beautifully. now i just have to charge the battery back up. Now i think its time for a beer

Post edited by: Jay_G, at: 2006/12/11 01:19