Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

exhaust coatings 23 Nov 2006 12:57 #94359

• MadYank
  • MadYank's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Anybody done ceramic coatings on their exhaust pipes? I am looking at doing the downpipes on my GT750 shaft this winter with a coating which is supposed to hold heat inside the pipes. It is supposed to work in a similar idea to heat wrapping without destroying the metal. can anyone verify a horsepower increase or ET drop?

Matt Black GT with Renthals and 4-1. The despatcher from Hell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

exhaust coatings 23 Nov 2006 16:38 #94407

• wireman
  • Visitor
im not really sure how its going to affect horsepower one way or another unless it drastically affects exhuast flow.if it was a bike that had the exhuast surounded by bodywork i could see wanting to retain the heat in the exhuast to help other parts stay cool but i guess im missing what advantage this would have on air cooled motor motor sitting in the breeze.one time i could understand would be if you had an exhuast pipe feeding a turbo that ran along side the motor it could help keep some heat off the motor and your leg .ive been experimenting with thermal coatings on internal engine components like pistons and combustion chambers and ports to insulate certain parts from heat while containing heatin other areas;)

. 24 Nov 2006 08:17 #94520

• JMKZHI
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 48
del

Last edit: by JMKZHI.

exhaust coatings 25 Nov 2006 05:58 #94757

• 900cows
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
The idea is the pipes will last ten times longer.And as an added bonus,they retain there good looks.Some car dragracers do this for the street.

Post edited by: 900cows, at: 2006/11/25 08:59

• Page: