Clutch Cable

More
19 Nov 2006 10:32 #93176 by Shoey949
Clutch Cable was created by Shoey949
Alright I have a bit of an issue. I have snapped my clutch cable and I am now looking to buy a new one to install over Thanksgiving break. However I am not sure if I should get an '81 cable or an '83 cable, since the whole bike is an '83 except for the engine and carbs. So what shall I do?

Thanks,
Nate

'83 GPz550H2 w/'81 GPz 550D1 engine
Dynojet Stage 3 kit, MAC 4-1, UNI Pods, DYNA coils and plug wires, WG ignition mod

Grand Rapids, MI

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2006 11:37 #93190 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Clutch Cable
Nate...the cable You have on the bike now...how is it for length and how is it routed?
I don't know the differences in the 2 bikes,but the main concern would be that the cable is long enough(but not too long)to be routed properly,with no sharp bends in it,creating stress on the cable itself.
I'm assuming that You don't know what cable You HAVE on there now,so that's where You'd have to start.
I wonder if Jeff(Z1 Enterprizes) might be able to get You some measurements...I know He had them listed on His site for the KZ's.
Or...find a Member who has the same bike and get Them to measure Their cable?...

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
19 Nov 2006 12:21 - 03 Dec 2008 11:33 #93197 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic .
del
Last edit: 03 Dec 2008 11:33 by JMKZHI.

More
19 Nov 2006 12:34 #93206 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Clutch Cable
JMKZHI wrote:

Z1Enterprises.com has the cables w photos & measurements - total length & slack. Make sure the ends are correct for your bike. My preference - for now anyway - is the oem cable. The spring type shroud over the lower section of some of the afteremarket clutch cables is larger in diameter & doesn't fit well in the oem frame cable clamps - to me anyway. The oem spring is more snug around the outer black sheath.

JMK.

Well then...there Ya have it!:laugh: B)

1977 KZ1000 A-1