Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hot rodding a parralell twin 27 Oct 2006 07:33 #87772

• CruisingRam
  • CruisingRam's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 15
got one, possibly two 750 twins to build up. I went to the lonesome twin website, checked out the 875 build up, too spendy at this stage of the game- about damn near 1k $ for liners and pistons! So who has done a pretty good rebuild at a reasonable price on one of these motors? So far it looks like my frame will weigh under 30 pounds, including swing arm, using chrome moly in a trellis style frame. I am hoping to hit around the 300 pound mark for the entire bike, so the max hp I can get at a reasonable price will make this bike fly!
1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hot rodding a parralell twin 27 Oct 2006 09:29 #87793

• 77KZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
hey steell, hes asking you a question:laugh: :whistle:
IIRC hes using 1mm over pistons, an exhaust cam for the intake (still using an exhaust cam on exhaust too) for better lift/duration. and possibly a milled head
Scott
07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

Hot rodding a parralell twin 27 Oct 2006 20:29 #87897

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Hey, I been working on the big stuff, got to make money to buy more parts you know :D

77KZ650 pretty well covered it, but I also removed the electric start and starter clutch to reduce the weight.
I think I went a little overboard on milling the head though, I knocked .050" off it :lol:

I have run across a couple of people pushing 90 rwhp out of the 750 twins, but it took buckets of money to do it ($4k-$5k):woohoo:
KD9JUR

• Page: