• Page:

TOPIC:

Will my lower end be OK? 23 Oct 2006 10:33 #86499

• inline4
  • inline4's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Heres what I have:
Z1 cases that have been blasted, cleaned, and painted. I have also slightly modified the top half so that I could install a KZ1000 cylinder bank. However, I've since had a change of plans using the KZ1000 cylinder. I recently purchased a Z1/KZ900 cylinder and Wiseco 1015cc, 10.25:1 piston kit all in the same package. The cylinder, which looks brand new by the way, is bored to match each piston.
My concern is that I won't be able to use the cases I now have because of the modification to accept the original KZ1000 cylinder bank. PLEASE tell me this won't be an issue!:ohmy: :whistle:
I also have a set of Kenny Harmon cams that I bought from Sandy. Is anyone else running the KH cams? I know that I'll have to modify the valve cover with those cams, but other than that I know nothing about them. Each shaft has K/H KD stamped on their ends. Are the cams streetable? I don't want a 'Busa killer, just a hopped-up KZ.
I assume I should by a new set of high performance valve springs as well, correct?
Thanks for everyones' relies and their patience with me.:)
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Will my lower end be OK? 23 Oct 2006 12:12 #86522

• 77KZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
the only thing Im confident in answering is yes get the HD springs. if the cams are high enough lift to require valve cover clearencing, the stock springs wont be up to the challenge
07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

Will my lower end be OK? 23 Oct 2006 13:42 #86555

• wireman
  • Visitor
well im not sure about your lower end,im no doctor:S but i think the motor will be alright.just remember those sleeves will be on thin side with 1015 pistons in em:P

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/10/23 18:42

• Page: