Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Gasket sealer on oil pan? 24 Sep 2006 15:54 #79234

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Shane, Jeff can get you pan gaskets. He may not list all the gaskets he has access to but I think he actually will stock pan gaskets. Drop him a note tomorrow or call...
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gasket sealer on oil pan? 24 Sep 2006 19:42 #79316

• wireman
  • Visitor
ape sells pan gasket for $7.12;)

Gasket sealer on oil pan? 25 Sep 2006 05:56 #79402

• ronjones
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
I made my own oil pan gasket. Get the thickest gasket material and flatten it out for a few days, it doesn't like to unroll. Use the old gasket as a template, I had to piece mine together and guestimate the missing pieces. Lay the old gasket out on the new material. Using spraypaint or spray gasket spray over the old gasket and gasket material. Take the old gasket off the paper and you have an outline of your gasket. Cut out and install. Actually I think I'm going to start making a cardboard template, everytime I get a new gasket. That way I'll always have a pristine template and not worry about piecing together an old one.
'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

Gasket sealer on oil pan? 25 Sep 2006 07:16 #79410

• eaglemhf
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I used black RTV gasket sealer on the oil pan. First time I did it it leaked. The secound time it did not. What I did different on the secound try was to let the RTV cure before bolted the pan back on to the case.

So if you try using RTV, let it set and cure for about four hours before bolting it up to the case.

Gasket sealer on oil pan? 25 Sep 2006 10:24 #79449

• Jack
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
Get your pan gasket and a tube of the 3 Bond 1104 from Jeff @ Z1 Enterprises.Sticks like sh*t to a blanket.
79 KZ 1075 MKll
79 KZ 1500 MKll dragbike
Gone but not forgotten:
3 X 73 Z1's
1 X 74 Z1A
1 X 75 Z1B

Gasket sealer on oil pan? 29 Sep 2006 07:20 #80442

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
I used gasket sealer on my oil pan and leaks came about as soon as the oil got warm, so i bought a gasket from this store here in Denver colorado where they make gaskets for any bike for $15 for any gasket. Check around, there are shops that make gaskets. Plus you know thatonce the engine is in you can't really put on the gasket without pulling out the engine out of the frame, but i did mine in frame by cutting my gasket on the side opposite from the lean side and instead of cutting through it straight i went in a W formation across so i still seals leaks, plus with some gasket sealer on the cut.
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

• Page: